If GBS were a color….

• October 18, 2006 at 9:11 pm

If GBS were a color what would it be?

I know this sounds like an odd question but it will make sense in a few days. If we can agree on a color that is ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, what is the first thing you visualize when you hear “GBS”

Thanks!
      Lori

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2006 at 11:10 pm

Black changing to shade of Blue and finally white as you see light at the end of the blues.

Tingle…

• Anonymous
      October 18, 2006 at 11:41 pm

definitely black. gbs = being trapped in your own body.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 12:44 am

I always see green. i don’t know why but i do. maybe it has something to do with the grass or leaves-green to yellow to brown, as the paralysis goes away it changes my color thoughts, from working good=green, to yellow=electrical shocks, searing pain, to brown=not much feeling left. sometimes change isn’t always good.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 8:34 am

First thought was black. But after that green definitely overtook and stayed – no idea why.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 10:09 am

I picture a silver zig zag.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 12:27 pm

Red… not sure why, maybe it has to do with all the frickin blood they took. Or maybe its because red symbolizes so much more to do with what we have been through.

Red also symbolizes love which we all are getting from somewhere or feeling for ourselves at least.

Red symbolizes strong emotions, weather it be fear, hope, encouragement, etc.

Red symbolizes the color of the sun which is a symbol of energy. We dont feel like we have most days but it has taken a lot of energey to get to where we are.

Red also symoblizes strength and courage and we all have that by making it through this.

Red, the color of blood, represents life and vitality and though it seemed at times like we would not pull through, we have made it to this point!

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 1:25 pm

my first thought was blue: i think because of the bracelets.
      Next came pink: no clue why
      white comes to me because when i would close my eyes i felt like a ping pong ball was bouncing around in my head
      so maybe for me it would have to be a rainbow of colors, each meaning something different

• October 19, 2006 at 1:34 pm

I like these so far….very nice visualization. After a few more responses I will explain why I am asking this ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 4:11 pm

I would say black because you feel so alone, lost and in the dark about what to expect. when I think of GBS I think of pain physical, mental and emotional.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 5:44 pm

At first I too thought of green, not any reason I can think of but then it changed to black. The more I thought about the green the more I realized it wasn’t appropriate and the deep dark black was. Kinda of strange that Ali did black then green. Maybe it is where we are in DX/recovery/Post cycle?

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2006 at 11:44 am

Grey….definitely grey……such a lite color that you can almost not see it, even in the brightest light of day……it’s just hanging out there, right on the edge of your peripheral vision….Grey

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2006 at 12:41 pm

I think of an irridescent silvery swirling liquid with flecks of all colors. I think the swirling because everything happened so quickly that no one knew what was going on, the irridescent because I was alternated between total numbness interspersed with periods of extreme blinding pain. I didn’t have enough energy to even wonder what was happening to me. At the odd occasions when I was lucid, I just felt like I was slipping away – and I was ready to stop fighting because it hurt so much I didn’t think it was possible to hurt like that and still be conscious. The period from Oct to Early Dec is mostly lost to my memory and I only know bits and pieces and what is in my medical record.

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2006 at 3:10 pm

I thought of black right away because of the scariest feelings came up when I realized I couldn’t move and I couldn’t figure out why and that is why Black is the color a, though as things got better I wqould say they are at an turquise as it is a peaceful color to me as I have come to accept my condition and it is at one with me and I am able to get on with life and have a sense of humour and be able to laugh.

Sonja

• October 20, 2006 at 7:12 pm

These are wonderful!

I am working on a project for us and as soon as I have it completed I will reveal it ๐Ÿ™‚

I completely understand the blacks and greys. The other colors are neat as well.

I picture dark clouds (fear), lightning (nerve impulses), with clearing skies and sunbeams (recovery and hope).

Keep em coming :):)

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2006 at 9:31 pm

Ben said green when I asked him. He didn’t have a reason why.

Shannon

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2006 at 2:12 am

Life was like a stop light or traffic signal.

Yellow caution….I knew something was wrong!

Red…hit like a ton of bricks as everything went downhill and I was on life support. My world had stopped!

GREEN…..Getting better each day…..enjoying the Seasons…..Spring Green was a new beginning for me too…..Summer Grass Green gave me more reasons to get better and continue to bloom! Now Fall….wish the Green leaves would stay on the trees and I did not have to clean them up! Green for the Get up go I miss! Green for the money I wish I got from a paycheck!
      Green for all the $$$ that GBS has cost my insurance company over the past year! Green for the color of the Christmas Tree I am going to set up this year! I was in the hospital last year for all the holidays……a friend gave me an Angel and she watched over me. She had a green ribbon around her waist!

GREEN!

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2006 at 10:32 am

Gray/white, for the cold I always feel. Sometimes there are black and red ‘thunder bolts’ for the anger and pain. Thankfully, a rainbow follows the storm ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2006 at 1:00 pm

I posted an answer last week and for some strange reason it disappeared. So
      I’ll give you the answer that Frank used to say again.

He said his world turned black the day he was diagnosed.

• October 26, 2006 at 8:41 pm

First thought that came to mind after reading the question. BLACK

Bill

• October 27, 2006 at 12:59 am

I say grey, as it took me forever to sort out what was real and what all the drugs and sleep wanted to make me think, since I could only lay there paralized for so long.

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2006 at 8:33 am

Ok [B]fairly_odd_mother[/B] whats the project you are working on? Any closer to posting it? its been a week and we are waiting patiently ๐Ÿ˜€

• October 27, 2006 at 9:41 am

Sorry for the wait. I have had to do some thinking on this one, trying different designs in my head and on my computer. I should have something this weekend.

:):)

• Anonymous
      October 27, 2006 at 9:52 am

No rush… just giving you a hard time ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2006 at 12:29 am

OK IT IS THE WEEKEND! LOL ๐Ÿ˜‰

OK getting brave….going to try this while no one is looking!

[IMG]http://www.hizone.info/data/2003/07/09/images/cat_in_a_bottle.jpg[/IMG]

Now to try out the Edit button…..hey it works too!

Now time to spayed or neuter or adopt! I will take two!

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2006 at 11:23 am

Just to cute! I say a round for everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

• October 28, 2006 at 1:40 pm

this is the kitty we adopted right before I got sick. Some kids were “getting rid of him” at a mall. He was so young the little guy couldnt even eat on his own, potty or hardly walk correctly. We managed to nurture him and he is a rambunctious, loving, curious 4 month old bundle of personality…that sounds like he swallowed a v8 engine (he purrs constantly and LOUD!). Moxie helped me emotionally relax while I was sick. He would lay with me, purring away, snuggling and distracting me with his antics.

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/fairly_odd_mother/moxie2.jpg[/IMG]

this is him at a very young age…
      [IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/fairly_odd_mother/moxie.jpg[/IMG]

All three of our cats have been adopted from shelters or rescued. In fact, every cat (and dog) I have ever owned was a shelter cat (or dog) or a rescue. And yes, I believe in spaying and neutering :):)

I will be working on the “surprise” today during laundry and other chores. I finally got the template I needed. I sure hope I can pull this off and it will be worth the wait.

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2006 at 1:21 am

sooo fom-what pattern did you decide on?:)

• October 29, 2006 at 1:55 am

A Black to green I think. It may end up being green with a black border, but I am going to try the black to green gradient.

Ive been so busy today with a tshirt design for a high school student’s AVID project and my own kids that i havent had a chance to start on ours. Argh! Tomorrow will be dedicated to just our GBS project.

Been doing too much I guess…I am twitching, which is a good indication that it is time for bed and a movie finally. Did you know it takes almost 2 hours to cook hot wings? 10 pounds of chicken wings and all I have left is maybe a pound of them. And another 2-3 hours on that tshirt thing. And a trip to the store for a few things. Wow I was wondering why it got late so fast today! Okay tomorrow for sure, nothing but this project ๐Ÿ˜€

Hugs to everyone! Hope all is well with ya!

Lori

• October 29, 2006 at 10:28 pm

just to let ya know hubbys computer got a bug and he has spent the day cleaning it…I havent had a chance to work on the danr project today afterall. *sigh*

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2006 at 10:55 am

No problem… we are all waiting patiently… after all, if GBS teaches anything it must be patience right? ๐Ÿ˜€