I used to (Fill in the blank) before I got CIDP

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 6:09 pm

————————-

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 6:18 pm

I used to be a fan dancer before I got GBS.

Regrds,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 6:20 pm

I used to (think I was hot snot) before I got CIDP.

๐Ÿ˜Ž
      peace
      soapy

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 6:23 pm

[QUOTE=marguerite]I used to be a fan dancer before I got GBS.

Never annoy a post-menopausal Italian-American woman from NY/NJ on steroids. Have a nice day.

Marge[/QUOTE]

Hey Marge, I luv your sig… could you give a country boy a lesson?
      I got a fan off an old chevy.
      post us a picture, if ya ain’t got pics, it don’t exist. :p
      I’ll post one if u will? ah,, do u know how?
      That would be a good thread for someone who
      knows to start.
      Cause *shrugs* I don’t.

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 10:28 pm

[COLOR=red]I used to be a firefighter. [/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]
      ๐Ÿ™

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 11:01 pm

I use to be a Principal of an elementary school. I had opened the school for our church. I had dreamed of opening my own school one day. Perhaps it will still happen someday.

Fireman Dave…your response was so heart felt…we all relate, buddy…
      Somehow we have to all look at what we can do now and make new dreams.

May your days be blessed more than you could every hope or imagine! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 11:35 pm

Sorry Soapy,

The fans molted and bolted. Then I met Tom DeLay and Bill Clinton at a Dunkin Donuts. We promised each other we would reform.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 12:03 am

[QUOTE=soapy]I used to (work as an Mulit-craft Industrial Maintenance Technician for Nissan in Smyrna, Tennessee) before I got the CIDP.

[/QUOTE]

Let me translate that.. what did u do at nissan soapy?
      oh,
      He worked crossword puzzles, the ones he didn’t know he sent to capin Dave.

I don’t give a dam about a man that can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 11:43 am

Soapy, that’s what you get for working in Smyrna. That’s why I moved to Chicago.

Marge, now you’re just a fan dancer for the naked cowboy.

Shan

• June 10, 2006 at 12:16 pm

I used to wear cute shoes before CIDP.

I know it sounds shallow but I am stuck with lace up practical athelitic shoes for all eternity. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad to be up and walking. But with all the weddings and such events I have to go to, I always get questioned by those who don’t know as to why I would ‘ruin such a cute outfit with [I]those [/I]shoes’.:rolleyes:

I used to be a decent runner and very involved in athletics too. Now I’m stuck on the sidelines.

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 6:25 pm

[QUOTE=badmommy]I used to wear cute shoes before CIDP.

I know it sounds shallow but I am stuck with lace up practical athelitic shoes for all eternity. QUOTE]

*wonders if anyone else has a foot fetish*

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 6:33 pm

[QUOTE=1memorymakermom]I use to be a Principal of an elementary school. I had opened the school for our church. I had dreamed of opening my own school one day. Perhaps it will still happen someday.

Fireman Dave…your response was so heart felt…we all relate, buddy…
      Somehow we have to all look at what we can do now and make new dreams.

May your days be blessed more than you could every hope or imagine! ;)[/QUOTE]

Sure it will , this is just a test…

Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish.
      Albert Einstein

• June 10, 2006 at 7:15 pm

[QUOTE]*wonders if anyone else has a foot fetish*[/QUOTE]

Not so much as a foot fettish as a shoe fettish;)
      I donated over 40 pairs of beautiful,stylish shoes when I realized I would never wear them again. Someone at goodwill was very lucky that day!:D

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2006 at 7:53 pm

[QUOTE=badmommy]Not so much as a foot fettish as a shoe fettish;)
      I donated over 40 pairs of beautiful,stylish shoes when I realized I would never wear them again. Someone at goodwill was very lucky that day!:D[/QUOTE]
      my wifes got em in her closet. women and shoes, well thats like cops and dounuts. They just attract each other fer some reason.

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 5:47 pm

I used to (think i was billy-bad-ass-10-foot-tall-and-bullet-proof) before I got CIDP.
      Soapy,
      you got dx with CIDP in 1998 too? wonder where we ran together that caused this coinkydink? I’m about 3 miles from you in Antioch just north of the Rutherford-Davidson county line (I used to be able to say just a stone’s throw from Rutherford county but now there’s CIDP) in the Hickory Woods subdivision. bet we bought the same tainted water at the smyrna wal-mart! LOL ๐Ÿ˜€
      now that i’ve been taking rituxan and getting stronger, i went and bought a squire-telecaster and pod-2 and am trying to get back at pickin’ after not touching a git-fiddle for *scratches his head and squints* lemeesee, gotta be bout 20 years now … left pinky finger just can’t seem to come back yet though and 4arm atrophy makin’ it difficult. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 5:59 pm

Soapy, I live right down the road from you and know a few folks at the Nissan plant in the Boro. You are the third in this area I know of with cidp, myself included. No biggie just fyi. I use to be a guitar player for many years before the cidp. Now I cant even bend the strings. Oh well, better to have loved and lost etc.

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 6:40 pm

I used to (not know how to act around handicapped people) before I got CIDP.
      Hey u 2.
      hee haw..
      I’m ready to try some that rituxian(sp)..lol
      I used a gripmaster to help with finger strength. My triceps are so shot, i was just getting to where i could lay on my back and touch my nose with my finger and not smack myself in the face. I’m relapsing right now, but i started ivig today.. (thank you Lord) I get 3 days at 45/g day.. the third day kills me . raised blood pressure, headache, flu, u know. I’m like you I became allergic to ivig after a few years of it. I do the solmedrol and bennie drill also. maybe we can start a band, us 3.
      I’m goan start a thread asking for band/stage names soon.
      peace
      soapy

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 7:22 pm

BTW Eric,
      How did ur Rit infusion go this time? I am curious as to how it is compared the ivig

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 11:11 pm

John and Kevin,

It’s just too weird that we are all so close together and have CIDP! My guess is all the gunk in the cumberland river since TN is so environmentally friendly (NOT!). Yup, gotta be the cumberland punch we get out of our spigots!

Anyway, the 2 june 2006 infusion went well and believe it or not, I drove 12+ hours down to Walt Disney World on 3 june 2006.

We did allot last week at WDW and I do have increased tingling in my fingers and my feet are getting more numb again. I think this is due to last week and my not being used to so much physical activity.

However, can you believe I was able to drive almost 13 hours! We took short breaks allong the way, but mostly plowed on through. Then, on 11 june 2006 I drove back up here from WDW and today I’m not feeling too tired. It’s 11pm and I’m still up and the boy had a baseball game tonight at 7:30pm and I was on my feet for about 2 hours straight! yee haw!

I guess my answer is the rituxan is kicking major butt! Dr. U wants to decrease my ivig frequency back to once every 2 weeks and I’m terrified of doing it! I wouldn’t let him cut back until after the WDW vacation last week and I don’t see him again until 18 july 2006; so I’m not sure I’ll call him and ask about cutting back on the ivig or not? What do y’all think?

The band should be Soapy and the Crips. whatchathunk? Where can I get me one of those gripmasters locally? or are they only available thru the web site?

Later Dudes!

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Thats great eric,
      Good Godd news. Thank you Lord!
      I got your pm so we can hook up now. yay.
      U can get em on the net, but i got my gripmaster
      [url]http://www.gripmaster.net/gripmaster/[/url]
      at the guitar center at 100 oaks mall. It was just under 20bucks. They come in different strengths. Mine is light tension. I can barley push in the pinky finger but if i try real hard i can do pretty good on the rest. I also use one of those cheap ones from walmart for the hands.
      I’m so happy to hear your driving. thats amazing. I haven’t driven in a long time..* sighs* but with the price of fuel… I guess i’ll just scooter to wallyworld.
      peace