I rule!

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2006 at 10:00 pm

I never thought it was possible, but for the time being, I am the number one poster. Poor Dawn~Lynn, she had to post 10,000 times before she got number one. I know, it’s a cheap win, but a win none the less.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2006 at 10:26 pm

Geeez, it’s 10:20 here and I’m only the second poster to find their way back ?

Good to see ya Lee.

Mike

• Anonymous
      May 5, 2006 at 10:45 pm

Dear Mike:

It’s good to see you back, too. I hope people didn’t give up on this site. Seeing you here was very re-affirming. Its good to be back.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:06 am

Lee and Mike,

So far it is just us, but I am sure the rest will be back soon. I have missed the forum, too, and feel the same way about the hacker. What a jerk! All we want to do is help each other through difficult times and someone had to spoil it. I just kept checking and was glad to find it open.

Lee, I miss the Oregon City group. I live in eastern Idaho now and the computer is my main source of information and help. I’ve gotten stronger because I’m in the great outdoors surrounded by lots of wildlife. I live right beneath the mountains. Still can’t walk up any hills or stairs, but I can float down the river and cast a line out.

Mike, hope that you feel much better. Sometimes we just have to ride it through when we get a flare up or recurring symptoms. Most of the ER people don’t seem to have a clue about what is bothering us.

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:11 am

Dear Jan:

It’s good to hear from you again. When I saw your name on the members list I was hoping it was Jan from Gladstone. It sounds like you are very happy in Idaho and I am also happy for you. Keep the faith and never give up. Hills and stairs may still be a posibility in the future.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 11:02 am

A lot of us are on the UK forum. I just posted the news there. I feel sad that all the information here is lost and we have to start over. It was great to find so many of us on the other side of the pond and exchange information with our UK friends and those from other countries. On the other hand, this forum here was a lot livelier which I missed on the UK one. So, we’ll see how things develop here.

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 4:44 pm

Yoo hoo!

It will be interesting to see how this ‘new’ site works out. Must admit, I’ve enjoyed being on the UK Forums – they got busier, which was nice.

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:00 pm

Well let’s start a contest and see who gets in the most posts.:p :p

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:22 pm

OK, you are on. Want to start a new thread “Daily Delights”, originally Allaugs idea. That is an easy way to accummulate posts. I don’t know about a Tavern. Somehow that seems more appropriate for the other side of the pond. Or what do you think?

Good luck with your move. I hate them. Getting too old. I’ve had done my share over the years: Offenbach,Germany-Frankfurt, Germany-Pittsburgh, PA-Raleigh, NC-Nuernberg, Germany-Tulsa, OK-Northfield, MN-Grove, OK-NaLao, Thailand-Ft. Collins, CO-Chiangmai,Thailand-Grove, OK-Ft.Collins, CO. Can you beat that? Maybe that isn’t fair because I am a lot older than you..

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:47 pm

Congrats to you!

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2006 at 10:59 pm

Jan,
      It sounds wonderful where you live… I don’t remember your condition from the old forum, but the hils & stirs will come. I can finally walk up & down my driveway (very steep) to go & visit my neighbor, & can get up a full set of stairs as long as there is a sturdy railing. I have CIDP, & for the first 26 months I was strictly in a powerchair. Nerves can & most often do heal.
      Pam H

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 10:41 am

Gee Lee :p

You are like a man possessed! Well good for you, I guess it’s making up for all the days you werent able to post.

Brandy, you should revert back to the old way of manually putting in the number of your posts when they got it wrong. 😀

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 12:44 pm

Hey Ali,

Good to talk to you again. Right now I have CRS you know
      Can’t Remember Sh_t disease.:o I don’t remember my old post numbers.

Oh well, we will still have our usual fun and games, but mainly we’ll rebuild this site for any new comers, that’s what is most important right now.

Should I start a “Revenge” thread like the one we had going on the old site?

I can’t even begin to tell you what I would do to that “hacker” 😡 if I got my hands on him. His stupidity of hacking a medical web site is beyond belief, but doesn’t surprise me in the least.

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 1:37 pm

Oh Lee,

Some of us are catching up to you. You’d better get busy if you want to keep your Title Of Most Posts.:p

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Dear Brandy:

Actually I don’t want to have the most posts. Too much pressure. I was on another forum for Astronomy that got hacked and was down for 3 months. When the site finally came back up, no one cared anymore, and the community died. All I want to do is get everyone back, and feeling positive. If someone is discouraged by the idea of rebuilding, then I want to let them know that we will all pitch in. Calamities have a way of bringing people together, and that is what I want to work towards.

After I am real sure that our community is restored, then I will revert to the old lazy ways of 1.24 posts per day.

In the mean time, move out of the way, I am a MAN ON A MISSION!

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 1:49 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Can you believe this??? It’s about time! To whom do we shower with love for establishing the new GBSFI Threads??? [/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]It breaks my heart that all our previous information over the last 5-yrs was lost. 😮 . And…EEEEEK!!! We are all Junior members…:eek: [/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/FONT]
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]I’ve missed you all terribly!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 7, 2006 at 1:54 pm

Missed you too Debi. Maybe we can have a “Senior Prom” one day in the future. Of course you know I’ll be wearing purple, bet you will too Deb.:p

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 8:49 pm

Brandy & Lee, I give up already. Can’t keep up with you two posting. 😀

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 8:55 pm

Norb,

Actually one of our senior members who hasn’t signed in yet, Dawn~Lynn
      and I used to do good at this, then one day she totally passed me by with over 10,000 posts, I had over the high end of 3,000, it could have been in the 4,000 range, I can’t remember. I used to love it, it was fun and exciting to see where the numbers were going.

To be honest, we got all those posts up in the high range from posting lots of pictures.

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2006 at 9:09 pm

Pam,
      What a wonderful story you have. 26 months in a power chair, and now walking and doing stairs. Stairs are good for me now, but I remember relying on the railing to help me pull up. I still use a railing to go down just to be sure I don’t miss a step. Keep up the good work. Are you on I V I G ?Prednisone?
      Mary Ann