I overdid it! Going to be a bad night for me!

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Got up this morning and had to get dressed and take my mom up the road to get a perm in her hair. Well I dropped her off and went back to her house and decided to stay there since her house is much closer.
      She is having knee replacement soon and has been complaining about all the pine straw in the yard so I got on her lawn mower today with the sweeper and tried to get some of the stuff up and placed it in her flower beds. Was out in her yard two hours with that sweeper gathering pine straw.
      First time I have been on a lawn mower in 3 years. And pulling on that sweeper getting it dumped into piles and then raking it into her flower beds just about killed me. I had to stop several times and take a breather.
      Boy did this nerve damage mess me up. Things I could do 3 years ago. I only saw myself today only doing 1/4 of that.
      Well anyway! I picked her up and took her back home. Got into my house and started doing some things in my house but had to quit after I accidently stabbed myself in the finger with my needle. Had a bottle of glue that got clogged and took one of my B-12 needles that was used but I saved it because I needed it to unclog my glue bottle. Stuck that needle in the bottle top area and the needle slipped and slammed me hard in my finger. Talk about a finger pricked! OUCHIE! It jabbed my finger so hard and the needle broke. EEEKKK! So for an hour this afternoon, I had to take tweezers and try to get that needle out of my finger. Normally when you get a finger sticked you have to squeeze it to get blood out! Not here! It wouldn’t stop bleeding. Finally got the needle out but was about to think I was going to have to go to the ER and let them get it out! GOSH! That sucker hurt! Got a knot on my finger now. But finally got it out! Hurt though trying to pick it out!
      But now the evening has started and I hurt all over. My muscles in my arms and legs are so weak feeling and sore. Taking my meds tonight and doing nothing else.
      Hope I wake up feeling okay tomorrow. I got my exercise today. But looks like I can’t do that kind of work until I get stronger! I feel like death warmed over!

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 8:01 pm

Hi Linda,

So happy to hear you are feeling better! Take it easy though. Don’t try to do too much too soon. I know when I’m having a fairly good day and I try to do anything beyond my normal daily activities I pay for it the next day.

Hope your fingers ok and you are not too sore tomorrow.

(hugs)

Kelly

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Take care of you!!! I know how it is when you are feeling good and the weather is nice — we just think we can “get away” with overdoing it for a few hours! Unfortunately, it can backfire!!

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2008 at 8:24 am

I woke up late this morning. And so sore that I look like a 90 year old walking around. I can barely move. Every muscle in my body today feels like it went through the washing machine ringer!
      I surely won’t do that again! Last night I had spasms so bad in my muscles that it hurt!
      Have a feeling it may be a very very long time before I see myself before 3 years ago and might not ever see me that way again.
      I got alot of physical therapy to do if I am going to see me get that way! A whole lot of physical therapy! Going to just lay around today! Doing nothing!
      I feel something aweful!

• Anonymous
      October 29, 2008 at 7:21 pm

That is exactly how my body responds to overdoing it..right down the the awful muscle spasms.

Hoping tomorrow is better for you!

Kelly