I need help posting

• May 10, 2006 at 3:45 pm

Argh. The dog ate my homework.

Actually the new system ate my posts. I seem to be able to post only by luck. (I wonder how long it will take to get this question up?)

I am listed as logged in at the top of the page. But when I finish typing and hit “submit” the system tells me I am not logged in. So I log in again, retype and am again rejected.

I have no idea what I do that sometimes magically does allow me to post. Does the new systm hate me because I type so slow? Does it hate Macs?

Please help me.
      Flossie (on the outside looking in)

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:09 pm

Hi Flossie,
      Not a solution, just a suggestion, have you tried registering again as a new member with new password? Maybe use Flossie2 or Floss.
      I would guess that they are still repairing and restoring, so we should expect glitches.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:11 pm

Flossie, well, you have two choices: either get rid of your Mac or type faster 😉 Just kidding of course.
      This never happened to me and I am typing darnd slow these days, but I don’t have a Mac. I looked at your profile and it looks normal to me.

Do you actually get a message? What happens to me sometimes is that I lose everything I typed. I assume it is because I hit a strange key combination with my numb fingers. But there never is a message.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:18 pm

flossie,

ditto liz. also this site will not remember me no matter what i request & i must log in each time. at least it recognizes me. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:31 pm

Hi,
      I’m back again Flossie:D Did you put that check mark in “remember me” when you login? The first day I was here to register, I didn’t do that, so the next time I came back, it said I wasn’t a member. I logged in and put in that check mark, no problem after that.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:40 pm

I have had the same problem Flossie and I’m running Windows. With this post I’m experimenting with writing the answer in word before I sign on then cutting and pasting the answer into the reply box. I know a lot of web sites “time out”, meaning if you do take too much time it will require you to log in again. The odd thing is after I logged in my post was made without me retyping.
      Liz could be right also. I don’t have the “remember my password” checked off.
      Well …..here goes…

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:42 pm

It worked that way. I typed the reply in word before signing in and it took it without making me sign in again. Just another solution to the problem.

KC

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 6:42 pm

Dear Flossie:

I use a Mac at home and have never had a problem posting. I use a PC at work and only occasionally have a problem posting,,,,,, errrr,,,,,,,not that I actually post while I’m at work. Mac OS X with the Safari web surfer seems to me to be the best system with the least problems I’ve ever used. I’m wondering if you have a glitchy IP provider.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 7:20 pm

[QUOTE=codystanley]Hi,
      I’m back again Flossie:D Did you put that check mark in “remember me” when you login? The first day I was here to register, I didn’t do that, so the next time I came back, it said I wasn’t a member. I logged in and put in that check mark, no problem after that.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me Liz. After I checked the “remember me” box, all was fine.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 7:35 pm

Flossie, if you have to log in every time it is because of one or two of three possibilities: 1. either because you didn’t check “remember me” like Brandy suggested or/and 2. you are logging out everytime you are done (which is not necessary and which deletes the “remember me” cookie) or 3. your browser has cookies disabled.

To solve the first two: Check the box “remember me” and don’t log out, just close your browser.

If your cookies are disabled: I don’t know Macs very well but if you use MS Internet Explorer there should be under “tools” and “privacy” an option that allows you to change the settings. Perhaps someone with a Mac can give you better help.

• May 10, 2006 at 9:02 pm

Thanks to everybody!!!

I have checked the “remember me” button and expect all my toubles to be over.

Slow but happy,
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2006 at 9:43 pm

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH:cool:

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 12:33 am

If you have typed a long response, and don’t use word, you can highlight it, hit control C, then if you do loose it, open a new reply window and hit control V and it will paste it for you. That is what I do.

Glad you solved the problems. I to am having to relog in, now I know why and I can change it.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 9:43 am

I think I am doing the same thing except I use he “copy” and “paste” options in the “edit” pulldown menu. I simply cannot remember shortcuts like the ones you mentioned, control C and V

• May 11, 2006 at 5:05 pm

Thanks again for the info about the “remember me” button.

I did think it was humorous that when the system wouldn’t let me post it sent me to an address for help from the administrator. And that address was rejected as a permanent error.

After waiting all this time for the forums to be up again it sure would have been nice to have the bugs worked out – and more than one forum. It must be hard for the newbies to wade through all the social posts mixed in with the GBS mixed in with the CIDP.

Thanks for the helpful responses,
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 8:59 pm

Dear Flossie:

All in good time. If we waited for all the bugs to be worked out, it could have taken another month. I wonder how many people would have just given up if that happened. I’ll take a bug or two if the community pulls together like it did.

Lee

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 8:40 am

What I do is I think I time out from the site, but not sure! I copy my message before I send it or post it and then if I find It did not post I have a copy that I can paste and save time typing my message al over again!

DON’T GIVE UP!