I’m searching

• Anonymous
      October 1, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Is there support groups in California or close to California.

• October 2, 2008 at 2:23 pm

Where in California? Call or e-mail the foundation, and they will set you up with someone in your area.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      October 2, 2008 at 7:43 pm

Like in the Sacramento or Livermore area.

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 11:40 pm

Hey Sonny, nice to meet you. If you go here [url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/liaisonmap.htm[/url] and fill out the information they will give you the information for you local liasion. If you have any issues or need any help please contact me, I am a liasion in Michigan but am happy to help.

Jerimy
      jerimyschilz at hotmail dot com

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Hi Sonny!

I live in Alameda and if you ever want to get together I would be happy to. I am new to GBS and to the site, but I’d be happy to give all the support I can.
      Cheers! Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Hi Sonny!
      I live in Lodi and would like to have a support group. Maybe we can start one.

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Hi Sonny! If you don’t find one close by I strongly reccomend this site. The family in here are great people and each one of them is wonderful! pleasure meeting you!
      Welcome!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2009 at 8:28 pm

Hi Sonny!

I live in Alameda and would be happy to meet with you. A person by the handle of smw just posted the same thing in the general forum. There is also a woman in Pacifica that would like to meet other survivors. I’m back to driving again so let me know if any of you need a lift someplace. That goes for any time, by the way.
      Cheers!
      Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2009 at 8:30 pm

Doi oi oi ! Sorry smw, didn’t see your post till after I did mine. Welcome!
      Cheers!
      Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2009 at 10:00 pm

In Indiana, I attend a Neuropathy Association support group. There are lots of these in California–including three in Sacramento, one in Livermore, and quite a few in the Bay Area. I am sorry I do not remember where Lodi is, but I am sure there is one near that. Check out [url]www.neuropathy.org[/url] and look under support groups or under Resources and then under support groups and then under California and then under Northern California. There apparently is also a website [url]www.pnhelp.org[/url] but it does not seem compatible with Macintosh–so I could not view it. I am the only person with GBS/CIDP in the support group I attend here, but a lot of the same issues are the same with others with peripheral neuropathy including pain, impact on life, desire for ways to get stronger and better. We meet each month. It is kind of nice that by despite having many different causes for the neuropathy, there are enough of us to be able to meet regularly.
      WithHope