I’M GETTING A POWER WHEELCHAIR, need advice on my best choice

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2006 at 6:41 pm

Hello,
      I’m getting a power wheelchair because I am at a point now where I’ll benefit a great deal, it can now open more doors of independence. With a power chair and a backpack on the back of it, I’d be able to go out by myself and do my own food shopping. And the great news is that I’d be able to go on a vacation by myself. I’d be able to do a “cruise to nowhere” that would leave from a port in New York City. I JUST LOVE GOING ON A CRUISE.

A travel power chair would meet my needs, but I could use some advice as to which of these three is best, they all have good points.

Invacare AT’M take along wheelchair, weight 70 to 90 lbs and assembles in one minute. This one has underseat storage.

Cirrus power wheelchair would be more comfortable to sit on, a backpack would go on this one and it folds up for travel.

Invacare pronto M51, would be the heavy one, but is a travel power chair. This one would dis-assemble for storage.

I don’t know if these power chairs can be used on a daily basis at home to move around room to room and I need to know that before I buy.