I’m getting a great scooter

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2009 at 6:16 pm

Hi,
      I did a lot of research on what I wanted and made the decision to get an EV Rider Breeze 111- 12K scooter. It’s a lot of money for me to spend because the EV Riders are not covered by insurance, but I decided that having a better life, having more independence now, is just as important as my future financial security.

I have a jazzy power chair right now, but they aren’t really made for outside use and this is what I need. The EV Rider can be driven on the grass, go up hills, bump up a curb, it will run in a light rain. It can go 25 to 30 miles on a full charge and of course you can use it inside.

Since my hands don’t work well, I just have to hope and pray that my hands can operate the controls. Dealer assured me it just needs a gentle touch to run it.

• July 22, 2009 at 7:40 pm

Wow Liz, that sounds like a REALLY nice scooter!!! You will have to post pictures.
      Dawn Kevies mom

• Anonymous
      July 23, 2009 at 11:57 am

Hello Liz, I am going to look that chair up. Hope you enjoy your new “ride”. I have been in my Pride Jazzy now about 3 years, and it is developing a few problems. I think the trip to Mayo in Feb. 08 was a little hard on it– exposed to extreme cold,etc. I still have a few problems being out and about in it. Living in such a small town get alot of stares, guess cause we look healthy. Have fun outdoors. Regina

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 12:22 am

Hey Roomie,
      I am soooo proud of you..now you are ready to start living. This will be such a help for you. Wish you would have had it while I was there and I coulda helped you feel more comfortable. Get out and test your wings just remember “don’t feed the gators”..lol. (Ren told me there really are gators there so watch out lady)

Hope your brother wasn’t too hard on you when he found out about all of our adventures. If so just send him my way, I’ll convince him it was worth it.

Did your house ever sell? unfortunately I havn’t kept up with the forums lately. I am tired a lot right now and just keeping up with daily life has been difficult. Vacation Bible School is over now so that will give me a little break.

Update me soon..I can just picture you buzzzzing around chasing the white squirrels with your camera and your chair..lol.

Miss you roomie..

Take care
      Sherry

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 12:46 am

It sounds like a great chair. I hope you have fun riding around!

Kelly

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2009 at 4:24 pm

That sounds Awesome Liz!! I can picture you buzzing around on your toy! Watch the speed limits Hun!!:D

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2009 at 9:32 am

this is the scooter that I am getting. The only way I can find out if my damaged hands can drive it is to buy and try. I can return it. I hope I can make my hands work because this scooter will give me more independence.

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/maybowe/breeze.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2009 at 1:27 pm

hi liz,
      just be very careful, being a three wheeler i am afraid it might tip. I wish you had bought one with four wheels..you know how adventurous you can be..lol.

take care and keep us posted

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Stormy,
      The four wheelers are bigger in size, much more like ATV’S. I need to be able to pull up to a table to sit, use it inside, have it small enough to go through standard doorways and go inside a store with it. I am aware that a three wheeler is more of a tipping hazard.

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2009 at 4:57 pm

Liz it looks like a great scooter. I hope it works for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 5:20 am

[SIZE=”5″]Congratulations, Liz!![/SIZE] [SIZE=”4″]Just a little suggestion ~ tip that good-looking waiter not your scooter ๐Ÿ˜€ [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 4:01 pm

A nice looking scooter. You are correct, the four wheeler cannot corner as well as the three. The batteries in yours seem to be covered like a golf cart. Those cards can stand the rain withour damage. My wheelchair has a lot of advantages for me, but must be careful outside as a wheelchair is mostly for the inside. Mine can do 9 degree curbs and fairly rough terrain as it has good balance. I have an air seat as I’m on my rear end 24/7 as I have to sleep on my back. When I was in rehab for two months, some patients had three wheelers which were easy to manuver as well as getting in and out. Since my cidp has taken my legs, I have to use a transport board with an cna helping me. So I go from a hospital bed to wheelchair, but at least I’m mobile. My wheelchair seat can go back almost 180, so I can nap in it without needing a cna. I hope you will enjoy your scooter. Do not do anything reckless.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Cool, Liz and enjoy. Sometimes I wished I had gotten one of these instead of my Panzer.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Hi Liz: I have a three wheeler and it works great. I admit I almost tipped once when I was speeding down the street (4 mph) and tried to turn too quickly. But that was the only time and I have learned not to make sudden turns. But in small spaces it is great-I can fit almost anywhere and make my way around many obstacles the four wheelers cannot. Good luck with your new scooter. Jeff

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2009 at 11:04 pm

I’m so happy for you Liz..You are gonna love your scooter. You can chase those darn little squirrels everywhere. Have lots of fun and get some pics while your out adventure seeking..

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Liz,
      Congrats on your scooter! I have to admit I had to reread your first post as I thought you said it could go 25-30 miles per hour! I had you really “buzzing” everywhere! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2009 at 5:43 pm

[FONT=”Arial”][SIZE=”5″][COLOR=”Blue”]Liz,
      I heard about your new scooter. There seemed to be some confusion about how fast it could go. I think the V8 will give you enough power to go as fast as you want. You might even want to join us on Friday nights at the Tavern for the tunnel races. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jim C[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5383/breezeplus.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

• Anonymous
      August 10, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Hi Jim,
      Yes, that’s what the scooter looks like. It wasn’t in stock when I called the scooter store so I’m not expecting to get it until possibly sometime in early September. I just wish someone could tell me how the handle bars are and how much of a grip is needed. Scooter store assured me a gentle touch so I’m hoping that means I can just roll the palm of my hand. I’m going to feel like I lost my independence again if I can’t drive it. I wish it had a joy stick like the jazzy.

• Anonymous
      August 11, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Hi Liz: Your model is different than mine-it is bigger, but the controls look similiar from what I can see. Forward on mine is simply pushing a lever forward and backward the same with the opposite side. I can easily do it with the palm of my hand, though for mine you must continue to hold the lever down or the scooter stops. It is very responsive though, so hopefully you will find yours the same. Jeff

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2009 at 11:13 am

Jeff,
      The picture I used is a “photoshop” work up of Liz’s scooter with a Chev V8 engine under the seat. I’m not sure it is a good representation of her actual scooter. If you go back a page, I think you can find a picture of the actual scooter.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2009 at 11:44 am

Hi Jim: I got the joke with your picture, though it looks like a great scooter-I go all of 5 mi per hour so wouldn’t mind a V-8 engine! But I was looking at the first picture anyway-at the handlebars where the controls are. Jeff