I got 9 hours of sleep last night! WooHoo! :0)

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 8:53 am

๐Ÿ˜€ Good morning family! Wow! I got 9 hours of sleep last night. I am loving this getting my sleep back. It feels so good to see sleep. I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and not drained.
      Getting that thyroid ripped out of my throat sure has made a difference! ๐Ÿ˜€ And so far I have not seen IBS acting up either! That was a major pain too! Was afraid to even go anywhere getting that nasty stuff. The diet they have me on seems to be very helpful. Actually seeing more energy!

Ohh boy! All that sugar I was eating all the time and the starchy foods. It was poison to me! Totally poison! I can still eat some starch foods but in smaller portions. The vegetables I am eating are making me feel better!
      From now on I am going to eat more veggies, less meats and less starch. No more sugar stuff for me! Although I love sugar.. I see it causes me problems.

Ohh! I woke this morning and usually I am all numb and tingly feeling and have to run and grab my meds! Waking up feeling normal! Totally normal! Not having those fire pan burning arms feeling like I was having. That feels awesome! I’m praying this CIDP issue was because of this thyroid issue! At least I have a chance now! I’m seeing a reversal here that I was not seeing before!

It’s like my body is trying to come back to life some. ๐Ÿ˜€ It feels so good! God! It feels good! I’m so excited about this for I have pure suffered for a long long time! I have a smile on my face this morning! I have not smiled for two years! My husband this morning even saw the smile and it shocked him! All he has seen for two long years is pain in my face. Frustration, worry, pain, sadness. But I tried my best to keep my life going. I would smile but I always had the frown from pain when I smiled.

I’m actually smiling showing my teeth! I feel like I have a burst of energy this morning. Hmm! Maybe I should try to clean some house today! Ohh that has been a struggle for me too! I have been cleaning but hitting and missing this and that. Just hurt so bad that it was hard doing. A struggle so I did what I could and stopped when I couldn’t do!
      Not going to over push myself though! Think I will sit on my bathroom floor and scrub the tile down really good. A nice bathroom spring clean! Then I will stop for that for the day!

You know family! I’m going to throw on some sweats and go outside and walk around my house a few times. Get some fresh air and exercise!
      Well I guess you can tell I woke up feeling good! It’s about time!
      If this is what was causing my CIDP and it’s reversing itself I will be so grateful!

Okay! Now I’m getting teary eyed! Hey family! I feel my hands this morning! I can feel them! I can feel my hands! I’m starting to cry here! I actually feel my hands. When I had that nasty attack in June, both of my arms got all numb and tingly and then I started getting fire burning pain in them. It was horrible. Nothing for pain was working! Then they got all weak feeling and I have been using them but it was a struggle using them. Try to read a book and trembled so badly that the pages would ripple while trying to read it. Trying to cook and use a knife was hard to do! I had to strain every muscle in my arms just to peel a potato.

My whole body had the fire burning pain. The fire burning has eased up. My legs still feel weak but they have been attacked several times. My arms though got some damage but not as bad. But that last attack in June really messed me up! The tremors have stopped. The nervous shaking hands have stopped! And this morning I have awaken to feeling MY HANDS! ๐Ÿ˜€
      My husband does not know it yet. Going to wait until he gets home from work! I want to get excited but have a fear that it will come back! A little on the scared side!
      I have not been able to feel my husbands face in a long time. Him holding my hand at times has felt so weird. This morning I gave him a kiss goodbye for work and I touched his face and I could feel his skin! His soft skin! I’m not going to think negative here! I’m thinking positive! No negatives! I’m going to go with the flow!
      This is so exciting for me right now! Feeling the difference and I’m hoping that I see more happening with me. Waking up and feeling my hands is just a miracle for me! A true miracle! I can’t even explain it but it’s a wonderful feeling.
      I feel bad in a way because some of you are still having such a hard time and going through so much and trying to cope with it like I have been. I pray and I pray hard that many of you in here get that second chance of getting your life back again. It’s not easy having GBS and CIDP and dealing with what we have to deal with. So I hope and pray that I see many more of us getting better and getting their lives back too!
      Today I guess was my lucky day!A little scary though! I feel my hands right now but will I feel them later on in the day? Or will this come and go? Best thing for me to do is just go with the flow. If they vanish on me again then I know that they are trying to come back to life and maybe coming and going trying to heal themselves. Nerves repairing but not yet fully repaired. Going to think positive! No negatives!
      Time for my shower and cleaning the tub. Then a fresh walk outside my house. Then dinner cooking! Hmm! Going to fix my hubby a nice meal tonight. Hugs!
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 9:17 am

ALRIGHT!!! Good news good news! Here’s to your continued improvement. Sending you a hug too!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 9:21 am

GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 9:32 am

Linda wonderful news from you. It’s so encouraging and heart lifting to hear others success. I hope and pray the improvement continues.

I sure can relate to your issues with sugar. Sugar is my enemy. It’s hard for some , including me once in a while, to understand that I really don’t do well with “just a little desert”. I always pay for giving in to peer or self pressure.
      It good when we feel well enough to notice what makes a difference and can make the necessary lifestyle changes to feel well.

Enjoy!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 9:49 am

I”M SO EXCITED! LOL! You just don’t know but this feels so good. Even if I don’t have but this one lucky day.. it’s made my day! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 9:56 am

Linda, We got new carpet a few months ago, it feels like a hard brisk towel on my bare feet, Have to wear footies all the time because I can’t stand the feel of it. I’m waiting on the day that I can feel the softness of it with my feet. Your post made me happy for you and I know my day will come as I have had slow improvement all along, Keep smiling and be happy for your self.
      Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Don’t work to hard all at once, do it slow.
      Stay happy and keep feeling with those hands.
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Hi Shirley! That is how my feet are too! I can’t stand the feel of things on the bottoms of my feet. I too have to wear socks just so it won’t bother me. I’m having a shoe problem too and have to figure out what I am going to do in cold weather!
      Got my bathroom cleaned but it was a little harder than I thought but it’s clean. Tiles and all!
      Was only able to walk one round outside but I walked!
      And dinner was not what I wanted to make but did make a decent dinner!
      One small step at a time! Still feeling my hands though! Still feeling the hands!

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Hi Linda

I read this after I answered another posts and asked how you were! After reading this I am crying my eyes out for JOY!!! You commented that you feel bad that some of us aren’t feeling great and you are!!!!!! STOP THAT!!!!! We (and I’m sure I speak for many) feel better that YOU are better. I am so excited for you. Enjoy the day and do something really nice for yourself!

xxoo
      Dawn (Turessa)

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 5:17 pm

[CENTER][IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3234/2927907602_f9959738ca_o.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Wow, I am so happy for you I had to find a picture to show you

big hug

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2008 at 5:50 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Thank-you Norb! My husband just walked in the door and I am dying to show him what is going on! Going to be a good night tonight!