I Did It Mommy!!!!

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2008 at 7:07 pm

As some of you have read a few of my posts & responded I just wanted to update. My mother passed of complications with CIDP on Jan. 29th 2008. & I posted a few times about losing her & you all were so kind offering your sympathy & words of encouragement & I just want to thank you for that!! I was in Nursing School at the time she passed & a few days before she passed she made me promise I would finish! I acknowledged her with a nod & she actually made me say “I will finish school no matter what” Well Mommy I did it I passed my final exam today! I know you were with me every step of the way & on June 16th on graduation day I know you will carry me across the stage!

I hope to take care of the patients I meet with the same heart I took care of her with & treat them with kindness the way she taught me to be!

I love you mommy & I’ll be your Big Girl!!

• June 3, 2008 at 7:55 pm

congratulations Adina! Your Mom is proud and so are we.

Hugs!

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2008 at 8:16 pm

Adina,

Congratulations!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Adina, I am so happy for you. I am sure she is smiling wide upstairs for you.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Adina,

As you know, I share in the pain that you do with losing a mom. It has to be one of the biggest heartbreaks …
      your post brought tears to my eyes as I am thrilled in your excitement ! Congratulations to you…she’ll always be within you guiding you to be the best that you can be.;)

Stacey

• Anonymous
      June 3, 2008 at 11:30 pm

I can think of no better way to honor your mother & keep her memory alive than to be a caring & compassionate nurse in the future. I had too many of the other kind while I was paralyzed & inpatient from April – July 2002. I remember your posts & how much you cared; this post also tears me up as I can remember my youngest son graduating from college back in 2003. How proud he was that I was able to make it to his graduation; may he he never know how sick I actually was that day. Our children are our legacy when we are gone, so go on & do your mother proud.
      Pam

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 2:04 am

i cant think of a better way to honour you mother than to care for your patients and their families knowing what they are going through.
      Good luck for Graduation day!

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 3:47 am

Way to go, girl!! Your mom is certainly filled with pride in heaven.

Per

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 8:30 am

Congratulations! Nursing is a tough but equally rewarding profession. I wish you health and prosperity in your chosen field. I can picture your Mom just smiling from ear to ear watching over you! Best Wishes!

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 1:35 pm

[SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Way To Go Adina!!!! I’m sure Your Mom is right by your side smiling and sooo very happy and proud! 😀 [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 9:39 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”4″][COLOR=”Blue”]Adina,
      Congratulation!! Rest assured, your Mom is very proud of what you did.

Jim C[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      June 4, 2008 at 10:29 pm

Adina,

I, too, am a nurse, so i know exactly how hard nursing school is. I also lost very close loved ones during that time, but i cannot imagine losing my mother during such an already-difficult time. I can’t give you enough credit for pushing through those last few months! It must have felt impossible! I don’t know your beliefs, but it sounds like you know your mom is there with you every minute of every day. Remember that, especially on those days when being a nurse feels like you are ripping your heart out of your chest to share it with a patient and their family. You will come across those times, but keep in mind that the moments in our lives that hurt the most, are also the ones that heal our internal wounds. If you ever need another nurse to vent to, or as a patient, another person to talk to, just hollar! Congrats! Know you make your mommy proud!

• Anonymous
      June 5, 2008 at 7:25 pm

Adina,

Congratulations! What an awesome thing….you are going to make a great nurse. You already know the importance of giving respectful care as that was what your mom needed. So you go girl….and know your mom is watching over you, smiling and applauding your success. We are all proud of you.

• Anonymous
      June 10, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Tears came to my eyes when I read about you passing your exam. I bet you will be a wonderful nurse, knowing what you and your family and mom went through with her battles.

Love, Lori