hydrogen peroxide

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Has anyone heard of taking hydrogen peroxide internally?

I know there is food grade hydrogen peroxide that you dilute big time and take it internally.

It has been used by some for cancer prevention but I have also read that it may help with other auto immune diseases.

I have not taken it but am curious about it. I am trying to learn more about it.

Thanks

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2009 at 4:08 pm

I had a friend in Tampa named Tito who swore by it. She had such energy and looked like Doris Day. I am open minded enough to think that it might be good for some people; but realistic to think not for everyone. Good luck. Be sure to do your research. I have not seen her in years… she was taking it maybe ten years ago.

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2009 at 4:12 pm

My theory is that if peroxide helped autoimmune diseases that info would be all over the place. Dr’s & insurance companies would push for it because I’m sure it’s less expensive than steroids and that seems to be what they try to push first.

I think it might aid in keeping someone healthy but I honestly don’t think it would do much for treating autoimmune diseases.

If you plan on trying it make sure you speak with your MD first.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2009 at 5:44 pm

It is to help your immune system by adding oxygen to the blood.
      I would only do it with a MD. Don’t know anything about internally. I do know it is not the stuff you put on cuts but is a medical grade on both.

• Anonymous
      August 21, 2009 at 1:19 am

I am still doing research and will talk to doctor about it before trying it.

There is quite a bit of info on the net but you never know about how true and accurate things are when posted.

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep searching.

Rhonda from Canada

• Anonymous
      August 22, 2009 at 12:28 am

You might want to check with your doctor before ingesting H[SIZE=”1″]2[/SIZE]O[SIZE=”1″]2[/SIZE] [hydrogen peroxide]. It can be toxic. Our body does produce it, but it is quickly broken down into water and oxygen [if I remember correctly].

Copied this off the Internet: [I]Hydrogen peroxide can be toxic if ingested, inhaled, or by contact with the skin or eyes. Inhalation of household strength hydrogen peroxide (3%) can cause respiratory irritation. Exposure to household strength hydrogen peroxide can cause mild ocular irritation. Inhalation of vapors from concentrated (higher than 10%) solutions may result in severe pulmonary irritation.

Ingestion of dilute solutions of hydrogen peroxide may result in vomiting, mild gastrointestinal irritation, gastric distension, and on rare occasions, gastrointestinal erosions or embolism (blockage of blood vessels by air bubbles). Ingestion of solutions of 10-20% strength produces similar symptoms, but exposed tissues may also be burned. Ingestion of even more concentrated solutions, in addition to the above, may also induce rapid loss of consciousness followed by respiratory paralysis.

Eye exposure to 3% hydrogen peroxide may result in pain and irritation, but severe injury is rare. More concentrated solution may result in ulceration or perforation of the cornea. Skin contact can cause irritation and temporary bleaching of the skin and hair. Contact with concentrated solutions may cause severe skin burns with blisters.[/I]