Howdy, i would like to introduce myself

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 3:38 pm

Hi, my name is Cara and I developed GBS in February after two vaccines and a head cold. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, including 3 days in ICU and 5 plasmapheresis treatments. I am lucky they gave me a speedy diagnosis and started treatment. I came home with a walker, and now I am walking on my own. I still battle fatigue attacks that knock me on my butt, and tingling sensations, occasional numbness. I am so happy I have found online forums, I feel so much better emotionally talking to others who know what it’s like. GBS has taken much away from me, I am on leave from school, and trying to return to work. I look forward to talking to you all!!! 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 8:40 pm

Cara,

Welcome to our family, we are glad you found us.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 9:43 pm

Hi Cara; Glad you came aboard…. If you ever need us we’re all here. I’m old at the GBS game but new to the Forum also. Make sure to visit us alot because it will make you feel soooooooooo much Better !!!:D

• Anonymous
      June 16, 2006 at 12:49 pm

Cara,

Glad that you have joined the group. What type of vaccines were you given? If your condition persists longer than 6 months and the shots are covered under the Childhood Vaccine Compensation program, you may be entitled to some money. Of course, it is not an easy process and should only be considered if your health does not improve. Did you or your doctors file a VAERS form — Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System? They should have.

I hope that you get better and can just leave it all behind you, however, there are several of us who developed GBS from vaccines and may be able to help you. 😉

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 10:29 am

I had flu shot and hepatitis B #2 on the same day, so they can’t say for sure which one. I had to report it to VAERS on my own, and well, I tried the vaccine compensation thing but no lawyer will take my case because I am getting better. It would have been nice just to get my lost wages and medical bills. It is very unfair that so many who suffer adverse consequences from these vaccines are unheard. Of course, I am happy my case wasn’t any worse, but think of how many adverse events go unreported!