How many others here were hit by the Ice Storm ?

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2009 at 12:50 pm

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]What a mess here in the Bluegrass State caused by this past Tuesdays Ice Storm. I lost electricty & phone service on Wed, & it finally came back on today. What a mess trees down & limbs broken down off trees everywhere, according to the news this was the worst ever recorded in Ky. The ice storm was bad enough then we got snow on top of it, which made even more of a mess. [/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Ky has had over 540,000 people without power, I’m ready for spring & warmer temps. The good thing is I have a wood stove, so I had heat & I didn’t have to leave home. So if you were hit by this mess post a reply, as I’m curious if others here were hit to.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Wow, what a mess. Good thing you had the wood stove. We just had some snow, today 60 again. I know what an ice storm is like. We went through one when we were living with my MIL in Oklahoma.

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Yep! We had about 2 inches of solid ice on the ground, and my pine trees were bent over with their tops touching the ground. It is melting fast today – the trees are clear and are trying to stand back up but chainsaws will need to be sharpened for the clean up of all the broken limbs. We did not loose power, but that is because after the last ice storm a couple of years ago the electric company did a very aggressive job of tree trimming near the power lines. I just hate global warming!:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      January 31, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Here in Ohio. we had snow, ice and more snow, 9 inches total with snow.
      We had no loss of power during the ice & snow on Tuesday but lost power for 3 hours during the night last night. Sunny, breezy in the 20s today.

• Anonymous
      February 1, 2009 at 8:41 pm

I was very fortunate to keep my electric during the ice storm last week. I did have friends that weren’t as lucky, so I loaned out my couch and some sleeping places on the carpet. Louisville and Kentucky have sadly had multiple deaths from fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. Some people died from bringing in their coal burning grills for heat. Very depressing to watch the local news this week. Glad you survived the Bluegrass freeze too Terry.

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2009 at 1:15 pm

My sister lives in Louisville & her power was off for 5 days, there are still a lot of areas where they don’t have power yet. Hopefully it’ll be soon !

• Anonymous
      February 2, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I live in the part of ohio where lots and lots of people are still without power. I was fortunate and only lost my power for a few hours but lost my phone for three days..some of my neighbors and family are still without power..I had lots of overnight visitors on wednesday night and some in and out over the weekend. The ice was amazing. I walked out on my deck early wednesday morning and could hear trees crashing to the ground all around me in the woods. It was scarey but also a beautiful sound. The ice really created havoc around here but still beautiful to look at.

• Anonymous
      February 3, 2009 at 1:03 am

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Ice Storm 2009 😮 [/FONT]
      [IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3421/3249925174_03c65ee050_o.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2009 at 7:22 am

I live in one of the worst hit counties. We were without power for 5 days. The whole city lost it’s power grid. A water main broke. So no water/heat/ anything.
      My family went to a friend’s house that had gas heat, so we stayed warm.
      Many many county roads are still impassible and county homes without power.
      I have never seen such devastaion. People lined up for food/generators/water.
      We were on a dusk to dawn curfew. National Guard/FEMA/ and Red Cross are all here.
      I live close to a main highway so I guess that’s why my electricity was restored fairly quickly.