How is Doc David?

• Anonymous
      December 22, 2007 at 9:10 am

I haven’t heard anything about Doc David and his Daughter in a long time.
      Anybody hear anything?

I want to wish Doc David and his family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 5:09 am

I too would like to know how DocDavid is. I really miss his posts . . .

If you are reading this ~ I wish you a blessed holiday season.

Holiday hugs from across the pond 🙂

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 11:35 am

I think about our members when we don’t hear from them too. Has anyone tried to go to the UK site to see if he’s posting there?

We haven’t heard from FIREMAN DAVE (Cap’n Dave) either.

And I’ve been worried about MIAMI GIRL, but know she needs to get past the holidays and the grief at the loss of a loved one.

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 11:49 am

I have also been trying to get in touch with Stacey (Connorzmom). Regina

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 1:50 pm

I have Doc David email address I should send he a message asking how he is.

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Just received a email reply from FiremanDave. He has been in the hospital with a large kidney stone. He wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 8:36 pm

I too have been thinking about Doc David lately. Hope he is O K.
      Merry Christmas to everybody out there. May God bless you richly in the coming year.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2007 at 11:02 pm

unfortunately i’m pretty sure doc david is not doing well.

gene

• Anonymous
      December 24, 2007 at 7:59 am

I think the same thing Gene and his daughter was pregnant but had GBS/CIDP symptoms and I worry about her also. May God keep them in his prayers.

Sue

• Anonymous
      December 31, 2007 at 3:33 pm

Just reading and thought I would bring this back up to the top of the list.

Hope everyone is doing okay as they can be. And, please, keep us updated!

Happy New Year

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2008 at 8:31 am

This thread is exactly what I was looking to find – I, too, have been concerned about DocDavid and have kept searching for news of him – have gone to UK site and ‘tho he is listed as moderator, I haven’t found actual information from him or about him. His advice and informative style are such a golden resource and a practical comfort for all of us – more useful help than most of our docs combined – he frequently has helped all of us by reducing the clutter-information to simple issues, and suggesting a clear path to solutions we and our neuros are seeking. Not an alarmist, he, none-the-less, will let you know if he thinks you are off kilter in your conclusions.
      Wish there were something we could do to find out more about how things are with him.

• Anonymous
      January 4, 2008 at 3:29 am

Greetings, all.

I’ve tried contacting Doc David’s daughter–I have her work e-mail–but she’s away until the middle of the month. Once I find something out, I’ll post it.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      January 4, 2008 at 9:18 am

Greetings, all.

I’ve just heard back from Doc David’s daughter. She says,

‘I think Dad finds it a little difficult to sit at his PC for periods of time now. He is stable and in reasonably good spirits.’

Not great news, but better that what I was expecting.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      January 4, 2008 at 9:54 am

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]I’m not familar with Doc David, But Wishing the Best for him. 😉 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2008 at 12:12 am

Oh Deb ~ thank you, thank you! How I have missed DocDavid and all his information and wisdom.

Please, Doc, if you read this, know that you are missed and wished “better health”.

Terry ~ DocDavid is a family practice physician in England who graciously became “our” cyber-doc even tho he struggles with CIDP. His being able to walk his daughter down the aisle was tear-jerking for all of us! The picture was posted on the forums many months ago.

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2008 at 1:54 am

Here is the picture of Doc David walking his daughter down the aisle for the people that don’t know him.

Sue

[IMG]http://www.gbs.org.uk/iB_html/uploads/post-5-31224-bod_scottcol.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2008 at 5:22 am

Greetings again.

For all who were wondering about Doc’s daughter (the lovely lady walking with her father in the photo above), the neurological symptoms she had experienced during her pregnancy have abated, and Doc is the proud grandfather of a four-month-old boy.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2008 at 10:39 am

Great news Deb. I was worried about her also. She was so nice to give us update in the past when her father was in the hospital.

Thanks for the update.

Sue

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I’ve been reading some past posts to catch up on Forum news and found this thread. Like most of those who know DocDavid, I’ve been concerned that he hasn’t been around lately. He’s such a brave, generous person.

Doc, if you read the Forums, you must know that you are dearly missed, and have the prayers and best wishes of those whose lives you have touched.

Suzanne