How do I become an informant????

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 6:47 pm

All my nursing training and all the research I’ve done on GBS since contracting it, I believe I could do something good with all this info. How do I become a local informant/contact????

Cara

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 7:54 pm

Cara,

Good idea. Call the Foundation at 610-667-0131.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 8:09 pm

Hello Cara,
      Yes, I agree with Marge. Do call the foundation and ask for Estelle Benson. Your area might need a liaison. Another suggestion, you might be able to start a support group in your area.

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 9:19 pm

Cara,

Excellent idea! Thank you for being willing to use your training and knowledge to help others.

Best wishes for good health.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      September 6, 2006 at 10:06 pm

Cara,

Not sure where you are located but I think it’s great you want to help. Call the foundation at the number listed on the webisite. I think Barbara (Katzman) would be the best person to start with and she will point you in the right direction.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      September 7, 2006 at 8:47 am

I am also a nurse and have been very surprised at the lack of knowledge among the professional community. I knew what GBS was and was immediately mortified when the Neurologist gave me his first opinion (confirmed by later tests). I have found no support group or liason. I’ve wanted to make phone contact with persons who have contacted me via email — to no avail. I’ve even thought about revising my program of research to include this area.
      I’m open to suggestions!!
      Brenda