Home infusion problems

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2009 at 12:17 am

Deleted by poster

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2009 at 12:54 am

This is a real sticky wicket. I think you are better to use the list of problems that you have compiled and approach the nurses involved directly. Your neuro. will indeed address the problems with his nurses, but it is quite likely they will be told who complained (as that is the way things are done). If you haven’t clearly gone over the problems with the nurses involved, I think you are correct in thinking they will bare a grudge if you go to the neuro. and haven’t addressed it formally with them. Addressing it with them will be awkward, but I’m sure they would prefer that route. I am a retired nurse, and I too get appalled at the slack assed nursing skills of some nurses when he gets his IVIG. But generally he is pretty good at voicing his displeasure on the spot when something is not up to his standards. Several years ago we complained once to our doctor about the lack of hand washing from the nurses when they go from one patient to another. Doctor listened patiently and was supportive. Next time hubby went into the unit, the head nurse and assistant head nurse approached us with hands on hips and glaring facial expressions saying, “I understand you have a problem with the nursing care?” Very unpleasant scene and very uncomfortable and the nurses did bare a grudge thereafter. In hindsight, hubby should have been complaining as it happened i.e. Could you please wash your hands before you handle my IV? That is why he speaks up now as it happens.
      Laurel

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2009 at 3:06 am

I confess I have gotten myself into this position. My nurse and I get along so well it is now to the point where I am uncomfortable saying anything to him like “hey you just went to the bathroom and didn’t wash your hands and now you are taking out my IV – yech.” I really do like him and we are as comfortable with each other as brother and sister which makes him a little slack on his nursing skills and me a little reluctant to poke him about it. I appreciate you bringing this up – I’ve been needing to say something for awhile and since I get treatment today it’s a good opportunity. It’s not good to let these things fester… they tend to grow like a slow cancer and I know he would get back to the way things were a couple of years ago if I barely mentioned I was getting uncomfortable. 😮

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2009 at 5:51 am

Deleted by poster.

• Anonymous
      November 2, 2009 at 11:39 am

😉 Hi Limecat,
      Just my 2 cents which really isn’t worth much,
      but I agree with Laurel on trying to talk to your
      nurses first. It sounds “stressful” and we all know
      none of us need that, so perhaps be direct but try
      to lightly (almost jokingly) say “hey guys, I know
      you think I’m easy going but your killing me…
      literally! don’t make me complain to your boss
      I kinda like you. Pretend your working when your
      here since you’re getting paid.” See if they can
      take a clue. If you don’t get angry it’s better for
      you but they get the message you are over them!
      Also you are the customer (patient) in this case
      and the “customer is ALWAYS right.”

Just Joyce :p

• March 17, 2017 at 6:47 am

Home infusion patients need answers day & night.”Call Bell” provides real time messaging with your staff. Patients will feel connected 24 hours a day.

Home health care is changing the dynamics of the patient-provider relationship, but many home infusion providers are still using traditional and inefficient patient support and communication methods. The result is an unacceptable trend: increased costs for decreased patient satisfaction. Citus Health brings modern technological solutions that eliminate the need for costly and ineffective methods of servicing patients.

Today we introduce this new technology to the home infusion industry with Call Bell.

For more details, please visit http://www.citushealth.com/  or contact  646-300-1340

Address: No: 181 East 119th Street, 8C, New York, NY, USA