Home from Hospital Son Coming Home..

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2008 at 7:18 am

Hello family! I finally am home from the hospital. Very sore from the surgery but doing okay. Got home yesterday afternoon. But was not up to posting. Will be on bed rest at least another week and not able to lift or do alot of bending for a good 6 weeks. The only bad thing I am suffering from is coughing. It hurts like heck to cough. And laughing is going to be another problem until I heal up better. They were able to do laproscopic surgery instead of gashing me wide open. That type of surgery is much better and you heal up faster. But you still hurt! And believe me it hurts.

My son is coming home this evening! YaHOO! Andy is going to go pick up my mom and she is coming to stay a few days to help babysit me! And our daughter in law that is expecting is also coming in on a plane from Florida. She will arrive first and then my husband and her will be waiting for my son to arrive. I wished I could go! But am really not able to go! Just missing out on a very exciting moment and I hate missing out on wonderful happenings in life!

But I will have them both here a few weeks. I am so excited! Our son is in the US Navy and been out to sea for almost 6 months. Him coming home at Christmas is the best gift a mother can have. And I get to see my daughter in law with her pregnant tummy! Can’t wait to touch her tummy and feel the baby kick!
      IT”S A BOY! Our first baby boy to be born! Already bought his Christmas present! A Carolina Panthers baby outfit! And we bought him a football!
      Even though I am sick right now and have some healing to do!
      It’s going to be one special Christmas!
      Kitt and Perry! Will try to get back online again sometime today to answer your emails. A little on the sluggish side this morning. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! I know mine is going to be a special one this year!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2008 at 10:39 am

Linda, I’m soo glad you are home and doing alittle better. It sounds like you are going to have a Great Christmas, I can imagine how excited you are. Just remember to rest when your body needs to. Have a Good visit with your son and daughter in law and behave for your Mom!:D Take care.

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2008 at 5:26 pm

My mom and husband have made me rest all day long in bed but I had to get up and walk a bit. You start getting sore laying all day!
      Hubby just left a good hour ago! I AM SO EXCITED! 😀 But the news is showing bad traffic on I 40 going to RDU Airport! So it may be a while before they arrive here! Gosh! The suspense is killing me! Andy left early because he feared bad traffic. One flight is arriving at 6:30 and my sons plane is supposed to be coming in around 7. It will probably be 10 tonight before they get here to our home!
      Gosh! THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS! LOL! My son is coming home! I am so glad he is coming home. He won’t be on a Submarine for another 6 months and will be in the US now at his home base! So he will probably be around when the baby comes!
      I hope I don’t fall asleep tonight! LOL! First I am complaining about not getting any sleep and now that I am getting sleep… I don’t want;) to fall asleep tonight! ROFL! You watch! I will probably end up nodding off!
      Maybe not~ Right now just too excited!
      My mom decided to cook today for me. She made two cakes and potato salad and has been cooking stuff all day. Andy is going to cook the turkey tomorrow. My two daughters are bringing foods also to help out.
      In fact my one daughter is coming home tomorrow. So my house will be full of little ones and my children all together again.
      I sure hope these next few hours go by fast!

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2008 at 8:05 pm

Ohh boy! Christmas plane traffic for many is being a pain! Our daughter in law came in right on time. But my husband just called and my sons flight has a delay! Darn it! 😡 His arrival was for 7 but now they are telling my husband probably 9 tonight. And might be longer! So they are stranded at the RDU Airport just waiting for him to arrive. His flight had to take another route because of the Mid West Snow areas. He left San Diego to Dallas and from Dallas to Florida and from Florida to NC.
      Well! I guess maybe I should go lay down for a few hours and get some sleep. My husband said the traffic is horrible in Raleigh Durham area. And he said it might be midnight tonight before they get home and could be possibly later! 🙁
      My poor son having to travel half the United States but he is used to it being in the Navy. But I was kind of hoping his trip would be easier getting home. I know he is going to be worn out when he gets here.
      I bet I have my ears up to my window sil tonight listening for our truck to get back home. It has a dual muffler so it won’t be hard hearing it. LOL!
      I sure hope these next few hours hurry up!
      Good night family! Going to be a long night of waiting with suspense! LOL:D

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 9:48 am

[I][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Merry Christmas Linda hope everything goes better for you & you have a very speedy recovery from the surgery. Enjoy your family Have a great Christmas ![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 11:46 am

Linda,

Get well. I am happy you are home andyou’ll be surrounded by your entire family soon.
      Catch up to you later.

tim

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 11:55 am

Linda,

Hope you recover soon, enjoy your family.
      Merry Christmas to you and your family.