Hmm! Maybe I should change my schedule around and see if it would help me!

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2009 at 2:50 am

Here I am up at 2:31 with no luck of getting any sleep. That stinken nerve damage numbness, tingling and overactive feeling nerves are driving me insane.

During the dayrime hours I am so sleepy dragging the floors trying to keep my house up and then as soon as the evening approaches I feel like a vampire waking up from the dead! Have been seriously thinking about hiring someone to come in and help me clean my house temporarily until I get better! But that ends up costing money and with this recession and prices of everything going up I just really can’t afford it right now.

We are trying to spend our money doing some remodeling stuff and until that gets done I really can’t spend the money!

Since I stay sleepy all day maybe I should just give in to the daytime sleep like a person working 3rd shift. The graveyard shift! In the morning go to sleep and sleep all day. Get up in the evening hours and maybe my body since it acts up at night will let me clean some while the cats and Andy are sleeping.

Maybe then I would get the rest that I really need and it might make me feel better! Or would I end up being up like I am now during the day time suffering because I can’t sleep.

I can’t wait for this generic Imuran to take effect although I know thats going to be a while.
      Just curious if anyone else has tried this out to help them get sleep. I’m getting fed up not sleeping at night! Why does this vibrating numbness and tingling stuff bother me so much during night time hours. If I did not have this tingling crap all night I would be able to actually sleep.

Any of you feel this way too! Any suggestions that I could use to get sleepy or help stop this tingling? I wished they would just go ahead and get me on IVIGs.
      But sleeping all day then I am missing the beautiful daylight hours! Which stinks missing the light outside!
      Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2009 at 10:04 am

[SIZE=”4″]Sorry to hear of your zombie-like evenings. I believe the tingling is you may be over doing it during the day. I would think a reputable clean company or even a person doing it on the side, would give you a break if you tell them your handicapped. What about a visiting nurse service? Both can clean your house & do laundry.
      There are nights I can’t sleep, but I know its on days when I’m on my feet a lot . I just stay awake until I’m ready to pass out & its off to lala land.:D [/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2009 at 12:59 pm

You said you were taking prednisone…

Take it all in the morning with food. It will not adversely affect your treatment, and will let you sleep better. Someone gave me that advice when I was high dose pred. earlier in my treatment. It works.

Hope this helps

Dick S

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Been taking the prednisone in the early morning hours. And not taking any at all at bedtime. But for some reason my body every evening gets this way whether I over do it or not. I have done nothing at all today and now that evening has approached here I go again! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Ya linda this is what happens too me to. May be this is why i am sleeping or noding off when i am in the chair. I think i will try do get drunk and see what that does. Probably just have a hang over on top of everything else. I just know were you stand at. see ya.

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Hi Linda 🙂

I know your pain …. when I first got CIDP I spent countless nights looking at the wall . It is so frustrating being so tired and not being able to sleep because of the “creepy crawlies ” as I call them. I tried so many things and finally my doctor told me I may benefit from something to help me sleep . I started taking the Ambein and getting the good nites rest makes me feel so much better throughout the day. I have realized how essential it is when we have CIDP to get a good full rest . For me at least …. it has cut down on my relapses .
      Do what is best for you and I hope you get some good sleep !:)
      Kimberly

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2009 at 6:46 am

Thanks family! I did finallay get some sleep last night until 3 in the morning and the was awakened by the numbness and tingling crap! Medication wore off. But I managed to force myself to stay in that bed and not get up and finally did get a few more hours. But even as waking up I still feel like I have not slept much at all!
      So far the generic Imuran seems to be doing okay with me and I have not gotten sick yet! Yeahh! That was my biggest worry!

Andy worked on my food pantry again today! Almost done! Another week maybe he will be finished. But I got one shelf made and this week I can put my canned goods on them! Yippee! Did not do any canning this week or last week. Felt too bad! Going to take a break until my garden stuff gets ready! Hopefully by then I will be getting better! Hugs
      Linda H