Histamine and CIDP

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2006 at 1:50 pm

Was thinking about a ”live blood analysis” i had a couple of yrs ago and remember when the tech was showing me my blood on the vcr she pointed out that my mast cells were releasing histamine and said i was probably allergic to something but i felt fine…
      So now i’m researching histamine and read on some sites that if chronic histamine is produced it could attach to myelin and call for an attack so i’m like hmm…..So does anybody have any thoughts one way or another. Has anybody ever taken antihistamines (besides ivig) and noticed any thing different. Can you take benadryl long term at nite before bed and would anybody think this could possibly calm our attacks.
      Sorry if it sounds stupid to ask these i’m just searching like everyone else here about this disease process.. Ericc

• August 16, 2006 at 2:12 pm

Ericc,

I am very interested in your research. Could you post one of the web sites you consider worth reading?

My neurologist has said multiple times that I can take as much Benedryl as I want to treat my ridiculous over reaction to mosquito bites. My family doctor has recommended it as a sleep aid. Now my dermatologist has me taking a Claritin every single day to try and keep down my bite reactions.

How awful if I have been hampering my CIDP recovery.
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2006 at 3:51 pm

Hey Flossie.
      I was hitting lots of sites so probably easier to tell you what i did and thats google search ”Histamine and Myelin”, and you’ll have several pages of web sites to read on this. ”Pubmed” has some good info on this as other sites.. Anyway interesting at the least.. Ericc