Hi I’m a Nubi

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Was diagnosed with “neuropothy” in 1995.
      Didn’t know anything abou GBS untill a couple of years later I talked to a cutomer on the phone who was recovering from GBS.
      After a few questions to him about it I thought, maybe I had a mild case of GBS.
      I was not treated for anything (After two shock sessions), just told to take it easy for a while.
      A couple of years later I went into a deep depression and was treated fror that up untill last year.
      My question is, were they related ?
      Another question, I am having trouble with my joints now, related ?
      Should I persue late treatment ?

TIA,
      Rhys

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 9:32 pm

Hello Rhys,

I know that many, many of our members suffer from depression, and obviously many are on medication for it – but I dont know if or how it relates to gbs. A great deal of GBS patients suffer from residual effects, or what they are calling “post gbs”. If you havent read the following, it might be informative [URL=”http://www.angelfire.com/home/gbs/aftergbs.html”]http://www.angelfire.com/home/gbs/aftergbs.html[/URL] , [URL=”http://www.angelfire.com/home/gbs/residual.html”]http://www.angelfire.com/home/gbs/residual.html[/URL] , Im sure some of the other members will be able to possibly give you more information.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 9:33 pm

Hi Rhys,

Welcome to the forums. A Dr, diagnosed you with “A Neuropathy” not GBS, am I right ? You would have had to have a spinal tap to confirm GBS back in 95.

Your protein levels in the spinal fluid would have to be over 45. Do you have any other illnesses like diabetes? Seeking treatment now, don’t know if it would help any unless you have CIDP, which needs a maintenance of IV immunoglobulins.

Why not seek out a neurologist who is more qualified to diagnose your problem

Don’t know about your joint problems ,that could be arthritis.

The problem with neuropathies is that one illness mimicks another, so it could be very hard to tell at this point if you really had GBS.

Semper Fi Rhys

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 9:14 am

hi rhys & welcome,

where do you live? i may be able to suggest a doc to you. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 2:18 pm

Thanks to one and all.
      To Gene; I divide my time between Montrose, Ca & Ahwahnee, most of the time in Montrose.
      Does that help?

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 7:12 am

rhys,

from your fellow gbsers. incase you feel the need for a 2nd opinion, etc. take care. be well.

UCLA: Dr. Michael Graves is highly regarded and is a member of the advisory board of the GBSFI. a I found him to be caring and knowledgable.

Los Angles area doc with gbs experience is Dr Emilio Cruz. He was really good… his # (818) 842-8177

physical threpist Joyce Campbell, Ph.D., P.T. she is a proferssor in the Dept. of physical therapy Cal. State University, Long Beach . She runs 2 floors of GBS patients.

gene gbs 8-99

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 12:59 am

Hey Gene,

Perry Leach (jpljr) here. I am so glad that we (somebody), got this thing goin’ again. Hope to talk to you soon. How is the weather in Southern Ca.???

P

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 1:14 am

hi perry glad you caught up to us, how is deb doin? is she on here too?:)

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 4:35 am

Hi Cheryl,
      Man, I am JUST now seeing your post. I fell asleep after I posted. Good ole GBS fatigue:)!!!!

Thanks for the welcome, and so good to hear from you. Deb isn’t on here yet. I just told her about it. She is really into a “craft swap” site thingy now!!!!

Per

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 8:34 am

yo perry,

weather here as usual [may grays] after a super warm jan/feb turning into a rather cool mar/aprl. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 1:18 pm

Thanks for the info Gene.
      Burbank is close to me.