Hi all…newbie here.

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 4:11 pm

Hi all, I am a newbie here.

I contracted GBS in Oct 2004.

Same story…tingling feet, weakness. I went from fine to the hospital in a week.

Went to 3 hospitals before anyone could tell me anything.

UGH…oh well, I am still on a slow road to recovery. My legs don’t like me very much, but from the legs up, I am all the way back.

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 9:45 pm

Hi Sean
      Welcome to our world. It sounds like you are doing pretty decent. You will soon see that we are all family here. You can ask anything and be able to come here for support. It helps to know there are others out there with this stuff. Take care and look forward to hearing more from you.

Sherry Price
      Southeastern Ohio Liasion

aka: stormy

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 10:37 pm

Dear Sean:

Welcome to our little family. I am glad you found us, but I also wish you never heard of GBS. It sounds like you made a lot of progress, but still have a ways to go. Never give up, some people made their biggest recoveries several years after initial onset.

Lee

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2006 at 11:35 pm

Hey Sean, welcome and feel free to jump right in ๐Ÿ™‚

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2006 at 12:57 am

Hi-

Got the illness in April 1, 2005. Too make a long story short, my out look is fine even though the rehab and recovery on both my arms are slow. I wondered if there are any other GBS asian descent on this discussion forum? I know of only one other and he lives in California. Sure am lucky that my medical insurance covered 99% of my recovery and rehab stint.

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 9:44 am

Hi udaman and welcome.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Welcome to “the family” ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2006 at 1:58 am

Hi to both of you! Been dumbfounded on how to post a message on the discussion forum. By accident, I replied to this person’s message hoping that I can find answers on how to post. Can you guide me?

Current thought of the day – There is no rhyme or reason on why I received this rare illness but the never say never theory towards being a fully functional human being will have a happy ending for me.

Take care.

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2006 at 10:10 am

Hey there,

Go back to the “top level” of this section of the forum (GBS-Adult), as you are looking at the list of threads you will see a button in the upper left just above the thread listing which says “New Thread”, select that and you can start your own thread. Hope that helps.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2006 at 12:48 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”3″]Sean-

Welcome to the party!! There is something to be said about the phrase “Together we can get through what we can’t do alone.” Hope to see you in AZ!:D [/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      April 25, 2007 at 11:18 pm

I to am new. My onset was similar to yours 3/06. I hope you find the info and people as helpful in dealing with the many issue that seem to always come up as I have. The info that I have gainned in just the short time I have been visiting this site has been more than I was able to get from numerous docs and books over the course of the last year. No one seems to know as much as those who have been there!

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 5:05 pm

I like you contracted GBS in October of 2004. Took 3 weeks & 3 different Doctors before they could diagnose me. In 3 weeks I was in the hospital having trouble standing & walking. Within one week I was on the vent. I had crashed and had to be shocked back to life. I could only turn my head. I was on a vent for 7 months, my family was told I would never get off it. But I did it was very hard. Been in 4 hospitals. Last stop was Shepard Center in Atlanta. They were awesome there. Came home for the first time in Feb. of 2006. Was in a wheelchair, but began walking the end of March. Still have issues with my feet, knees, & exhaustion. But am blessed by my family that stood by me. But I can walk and almost function normally, so it will have to do. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2007 at 8:10 pm

[COLOR=”Red”]Hi Sean!
      Welcome

QueenDuchess
      aka
      Jennifer[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2007 at 8:10 pm

[COLOR=”Red”]Hi Sean!
      Welcome

QueenDuchess
      aka
      Jennifer[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2007 at 8:20 am

Hello and welcome

• April 29, 2007 at 9:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the family ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 1, 2007 at 8:14 pm

GBS in Oct 2004? What took you so long to find this forum? Also, what is happening to bring you to post now? Are you on a quest for more GBS knowledge, Sean?

I’m not family, but howdy just the same!