Help need to vent

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2008 at 11:47 am

HI its Brenda and I’m just about at my ropes end(with no knots able to be tied) the past few months have been great in regards to my ablities and gaining strength but as for the financial side its getting hard to deal with, my hubby was off when I was in hospital due to the stress of it all and money was slow in coming in and now that he is back to work we are playing catchup and the bill collectors are at the door, we started renting a house the first of sept 2007 and then I was in hospital end of oct 2007we are 1 month behind in rent and they are starting to treat us like crap. I’m to the point I’d like to tell everyone to stick it were the sun dont shine we are waiting for the union to repay some of the bills incurred while I was in hospital and we didnt find out that they did this till 3 weeks ago. Its bad enough to have to fight to stay walking and smiling through all this and now to have all the hounds biting at your heals it like adding insult to injury, who are you guys doing it, I need some ideas I’m at the end of my rope and there is no one that we can borrow any money from, if you guys have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them thanks Brenda:(

• Anonymous
      May 25, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Hi Brenda, Welcome to The Family. I’m sorry you are having financial problems, that is a common factor/residual with gbs/cidp if you ask me. All I can say is just live life one day at a time and don’t stress out about the bills and money, they will work out in the end. I know how stressful it can be, I’m supporting a family of 4 right now and that is only by my disability check each month, less than $700. It really stinks to have more problems piling up on ya when you already had to fight to get ahead of the gbs/cidp crap. Try to stay positive and things will work out, sometimes it is just as slow as recovery is, but it will improve in time. Take care.

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Hi Brenda,

My financial life has been chaos since CIDP. See if your hospital has a social worker available for your use. I got much needed help and peace of mind from my social worker. He did much of the calling and planning for me as I focused on getting better. If I can do anything to help, email me anytime jerimyschilz at hotmail.com

Take care,
      Jerimy

• Anonymous
      May 26, 2008 at 7:40 pm

I am not sure if you checked but on the news and announcement thread there is a woman who posted today about services and how to access them, websites, assistance, etc. Please go there and check as you may find some of the help you need She is a disabilty/return to work assistant.