help me update our list of good gbs neuros

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 1:00 pm

perry gave me the idea it’s time for an update.

if you felt that your neuro was good, pls post info on this thread where this doc is & how to contact him/her. if you’d rather you can e or pm me. thx for all the future gbsers who will have need it! i don’t save your name so no one knows where the info came from except it was from a gbser who thought their neuro was good. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 1:11 pm

I’m sooo glad you started this thread!!! Am begging for a good referral in San Diego.

When I had GBS 20 years ago in the San Francisco Bay Area, my wonderful neurologist was Dr Robert Telfer. I looked recently and he seems to still be practicing.

Robert Telfer, M.D.
      1750 El Camino Real, #204
      Burlingame, California 94010
      Phone Number: (650) 697-6632
      Fax Number: (650) 697-9370

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 2:16 pm

HI, we are in El Cajon and we have a really good one. He is Patrick Delaney.
      He is the director of the NeuroScience Center at Alvarado Hospital. Its on Alvarado Rd next to the 8 between the 70th St and the College exit. It is part of the UCSD group. They take Medi Cal if you have it.
      They lease the upper floors at Alvarado hospital building 2, the one on the right.
      Dr Delaney was very friendly, honest and even did nate’s Nerve Conduction tests himself.
      Nate and I really like him.
      He is listed in Yahoo and Alvarado Hospital has a website.
      Anything else you want to know about him, let me know. I believe the good ones deserve our help getting new patients.
      Nate’s old neuro……….no.
      Trudy, natesmom
      [email]speermaiden@aol.com[/email]

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 3:02 pm

Dr. Navdeep Dhaliwal

2315 Stockton Blvd
      Sacramento, CA

2626 North California St
      Stockton, CA
      (209) 466-3551

530 West Eaton Avenue Sui
      Tracy, CA

The Four Most Visited Hospitals in Dr. Navdeep Dhaliwal’s area are:

Mercy General Hospital, 4001 J St, Sacramento CA
      Sutter General Hospital, 2801 L Street, Sacramento CA
      Sutter Roseville Medical Center, One Medical Plaza, Roseville CA
      Woodland Memorial Hospital, 1325 Cottonwood Street, Woodland CA

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Dr. Robert P. Lisak, Bloomfield Hills, has been chair of the department of neurology and professor of immunology and microbiology in the Wayne State University School of Medicine since coming to the University in 1987. He also serves as neurologist-in-chief at the Detroit Medical Center and chief of neurology at Harper Hospital. His primary research has been in neuroimmunology, diseases of the nervous systems caused by abnormalities of the immune system such as multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis and Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Harper Hospital (Detroit Medical Center)
      Detroit, MI
      313-577-1249

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 5:31 pm

I see Dr. Richard A. Lewis @ the Detroit Medical Center.

He is a professor and Associate Chairman of the Department of Neurology. He is on the Medical Advisory Board for the GBS/CIDP Foundation.

His office:
      4201 St Antone
      8D UHC
      Detroit, MI 48201
      Office #313-745-4275

• Anonymous
      June 1, 2007 at 6:51 pm

Dr. Robert Thompson
      Zanesville Ohio
      740-453-0680