Help! I need someone who knows GBS in Florida

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 8:28 am

Please see my other thread for Carpal Tunnel.

I need a doctor who knows what the hell they’re doing.

I live in the Sarasota/Tampa area in Florida.

Any help would be a godsend.

Thanks

John

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 9:33 am

FL Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.

dr stephen block 1411 No Flagler Dr, W Palm beach

University of Miami, School of Medicine, Department of Neurology. Dr. Bradley[He’s the Chief Neurologist, teaches medical students, writes medical text and periodicals, and is heavy into ALS research] , if not then on of his associates Dr. Mauricio Concha with Neurological Associates in Sarasota. he is moving [locally?]… later by another, I was on a heart monitor and close to a respirator. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Concha!! Last I heard, he was in Sarasota, FL

Manley Kilgore – Baptist Hospital in Jacksonivlle 904-396-2400. Rehab doc Howard Weiss 904-296-9939. He is also a resident at Brooks Rehab Hospital. They treat every GBS patient in Jax and he is also very willing to help.

If Tallahassee is not too far of a trip for you might want to get in touch with the Tallahassee Neurological Clinic at (850)878-8121. They have done wonders with me

take care. be well.
      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 4:14 pm

Gene always knows the good ones.

You can also call Cecilia O’Neil 772-546-7123. She is your Regional Director and knows many Drs in Fl, good and bad. She has been with the foundation for about 18 years.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2006 at 5:13 pm

John – I live in Tampa try Dr. Steven Sergy or one of his assoc. 813-872- 1548 has a great reputation with GBS/Miller Fisher – he practiced in Boston – he has been nomiated as President of the Nero for the USA so you might have to take one of his Assoc. which are great as well (they consult with him) – because you have to make an. appt. so far out – my suggestion is have a Dr. call up to schedule something for you if not he is worth it. Wish I would of had him for my Nero guy initially (I got Miller Fisher vairent of GBS and he was familar with that)
      Please feel free to call or email me if you have any questions.
      Sally