Help! GBS Back?

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 6:38 pm

I had GBS ten years ago when I was in college. I’ve had minor issues since then, like a little twitching and weakness, but lately I’ve been feeling rather strange. Yesterday my hand was shaking as if I had Parkinson’s, without the numbness I had in my fingers with GBS. I was “shocked” as a joke by a co-worker, but didn’t feel anything. And today, I was “confused” for about 30 mins, as if I was having a stroke. I remember what it was like to be 17, away from home, and trying to explain that I couldn’t pull myself out of the bathtub. Couldn’t run to save my life. My hands and feet were asleep for 8 months, could this be happening again!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nikki

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 6:45 pm

hi nikki – i sure hope someone out there has some answers for both of us….

cake

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 6:46 pm

Nikki,

I’m not a doctor, but the best advice I can give you is to make an appointment with a neurologist because your symptons sound neurological. You might also want to check out braintalk.org.

Good luck to you!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 9:58 pm

[url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=746[/url]

if you are younger, as said before me, consult a knowledgable gbs neuro for an ncv.

take care. be well.
      gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:02 pm

Hi Nikki,

I wouldn’t freak, but you should see you primary care doc and then get referred to your Neuro. Could be alot of reasons your feeling residuals, can’t hurt to get it checked out to be safe. Good luck with everything.

Jerimy