Hello again friends.

• Anonymous
      December 1, 2009 at 9:43 am

It has been quite a while since I have been on the forum. So today I decided to peak in on everyone. I am happy to see some of my old friends still plugging along:) and some new people who have found this site. I hate hearing that some of you are not doing so well like Stacey and Kevin D.. I almost don’t want to say how I am doing as I feel a little guilty for doing better. But the truth is, I am doing better and maybe that will offer others some hope. Many of you went through my earlier struggle with CIDP and know what I have suffered. So I won’t repeat any of that. But I will tell you that I am one of the lucky ones who has seen some improvement with treatment. I am walking without the bulky AFO’s and now use soft ankle supports. I have more days out of bed than in. My pain is quite reduced. And I am thinking about other things other than this disease. Granted, I still am consumed with managing my health issues as there are several at once so there is always something to contend with. But I am living better and enjoying my life more. I am still working on the emotional aspects of this as I think they never go away. Just as this disease never goes away and I often struggle with feeling bad about not working and being able to take such good care of myself but that is all part of learning to live with CHRONIC diseases. I measure my success by asking myself, “what were you able to do last year at this time?” and often the answer is better than last year. So I just wanted to let you guys know this and I want to thank those of you who really gave me help, strength, encouragement and hope. I really treasure this site and hope it gives to others what I have been able to gain from this “cyber family”.
      All good wishes to all of you.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      December 1, 2009 at 7:22 pm

It is really nice to hear from you again and to hear the positive words.
      WithHope

• Anonymous
      December 1, 2009 at 8:55 pm

There IS life after CIDP! It’s just [I]different?[FONT=”Arial”][/FONT][/I]
      We go on we get by, we get thru, and maybe we can overcome?
      Your measures are good and realistic ones, unless you’ve a set-back. Then all the doors to doubts and fears can open again, unless you block them and simply look forward!
      Where else can we go? But forwards!

• December 1, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Linda, welcome back home. Glad to hear things are going well for you. I’ve had a little setback from a bad bout with cellcept, but all in all I’m doing well too.

Keep fightin’

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2009 at 10:30 am

Hi Linda !

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to hear you are doing better and life is treating you well.
      I have missed seeing you around. Thanks for updating.

I hope things continue to improve each day.

Happy Holidays !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      December 12, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Thank you everyone. Stacey, I am following your story and am hoping you are doing ok. I have to say, it seems like you are advocating for yourself 100% more than you were able to in the past. Good for you. I just got done reading a thread by “Elmo” about relationships and he nailed the struggle of feeling inadequate and guilty for our lack of abilities. I have to say that it was such a relief to know others still struggle with this even if you’ve had this disease for months or years. I find the guilt to be the hardest obstacle. As usual though this site has provided hope and relief. Thanks again.
      Linda