Have you heard of Metabolic Disease?

• Anonymous
      February 4, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Hello everyone

Mason went for a second opinion Tuesday in Atlanta Ga. We saw Dr Sladsky. I was so excited, I just knew everything was going to go back to normal. Boy was I wrong. He doesn’t believe Mason has the average symptoms of CIDP. He wants to test him for Metabolic disease.

We will be doing more blood testing and 24 hr urine test. We might have to go back to Atlanta for a muscle test later on. I hope these test are short term results.

Dr Sladsky started Mason on Topamax at night for his headachs. It is helping. I have not given any Motrin or tylenal all day. I hope this lasts. He might be able to go to school next week. if we can keep the headaches gone.

I don’t know alot about metabolic disease. I know there are alot of sub diseases below it. I was just wondering if anyone else has this disease?

Thanks for your help.

Trish

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 8:35 am

Trish, the expession ‘metabolic disease’ is very non specific. It simply means the disease process is not infective, not malignant, not degenerative, not auto-immune. Ask your doctor what he means, I should take very little notice of the remark, he is simply doing some tests. DocDavid

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 10:58 am

Doc

Thank you. I am going to call his nurse today and ask what test he is doing.
      I also want to know how soon we will be doing the testing. He also wants to see Masons slide of his nerve biopsy.

Trish

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 11:09 am

Trish,

I’m sorry you’re having problems finding answers. Mason is so cute in your avatar! It s*cks that the poor little thing is so sick.

Best wishes,

Shannon

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2007 at 4:25 pm

Boy is he a cute little boy. Hes got such red cheeks! I hope you get some answers. I am sorry to hear about how he has to miss school and stuff. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need another mom to talk to, PM me.

• Anonymous
      February 10, 2007 at 10:17 pm

Thanks for your reply. His personalty is as cute as his looks. He does not meet a stranger. He is so open and trust worthy. His logic is way beyond his years.

My husband was fussing about me being on the computer so much tonight. Mason said: Daddy she is just searching, trying to get me well. 🙂 I guess I never thought he understood what I was doing on the computer. I only get online three times a week.

As of today, we still have not had any new test. I hope my doctor will call Monday to start the blood work.

I hope everyone is doing well. My husband and I are going to the Madi Gra Ball Thursday. I am looking forward to it. It has been along time since we have had a normal life out. My mom owns a dress shop, so she is donating the dress and tux. The bad thing is, Mason has to have a treatment the next day.

Trish