Have a little faith??

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2007 at 6:22 pm

Just wondering has anyone else had people doubt them since they have had GBS ‘cos they think you’re not capable of doing certain things? It’s so annoying!!:mad: 😡 😡

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2007 at 9:48 pm

Jenny.
      I learned not to really care if others didn’t think I had GBS. I know I did and I walked in my shoes they didn’t. People that doubt you and question why you cannot do some things are people you do not need in your life. People as this have no concept of compassion or careing. you know what you can do and do not allow other non careing people affect you and your healing. We on this site know what you are and have gone through and we do care and we are a family. and you do not have to prove to ANYONE except yourself what you can and cannot do. Have a happy and MERRY CHRISTMAS. (Steve)

• Anonymous
      December 4, 2007 at 11:42 pm

I’ve lived with Sjogren’s Syndrome for five years and now in last six weeks have been diagnosed with CIDP.
      I’m freq. told, “but you look just fine and act fine and what do you mean you can’t do it?” “Tired, take a nap and it will go away”
      I’ve learned to not even try to explain anymore and live within my limitations. I don’t think people can really understand if they do not have a frame of reference and having a cold or the flu once a year does not give one a frame of reference for a chronic illness.
      Even now see me walk like a sick duck, picking my feet up and being on a walker it is hard for people to relate. I know they care for me and want the best and really can not understand and are uncomfortable with the changes.
      Hopefully if they can see me react OK, they will get easier with the limitations.
      Good luck to you.