Have a couple of questions

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2010 at 4:24 pm

:confused: Looking back, one of the first strange things that happened when this (sensory) CIDP kicked in last September, is that all of a sudden my body began to totally overheat. We were in Montana and would go out on a walk by the river and even on a cool evening, by the time we got back, I immediately headed for a cold water and would sit under the A/C vent to get my body temp. back to normal.

And it didn’t have to be as strenous as a hike ~ I could be cleaning the 5th wheel and same thing. And also got very tired and had to take breaks. I’d done the same activity years prior and no similar reaction, so I have a gauge as to what was normal for me.

Anyone experience this same overheating thing, and have any idea of why it happens? I ask, because it’s still happening to me — just the normal around-the-house chores, like changing the bed sheets, dusting, emptying the D/W and I have to put on a sweat band because the sweat drips down into my eyes. This isn’t a “big” complaint, just more a curiousity. Overall I’m very grateful to even be able to do these simple everyday things I used to gripe about.

I experienced the onset of this disease in September of ’09 with numbness in right foot, then right hand, then same on left side. In the following eight months I deteriorated to the point of only being able to move with a walker or wheelchair and could barely use my hands at all, even to get food from my plate to my mouth. After several fruitless trips to our GP, two neuros and what seemed to be gallons of blood and a multitude of MRI’s we finally found a neuro at Mayo, AZ who took the time to really [U]think[/U] through what was happening to me. By combining symptoms with test results he made a determination as to diagnosis. After we began IVIG in May, I was able to walk un-aided by mid-July. So there is hope ~

Presently working toward discovery of what combination of medication, how much and how often to kick this into remission and hopefully keep it there.

Still new to the forum, but sure appreciate you all being here. Take good care.

Nancy

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Hi Nancy and welcome!

I have had the sweats off and on for about a year now, I just chaulked it up
      to my meds. I did mention it my internest but she never really said anything
      about it. I figured it wasn’t menopause cause I had a hysterectomy 30 yrs ago. I do remember someone saying once that this disease really plays havoc
      on our harmones though. I think if you go into FAQ at the top of page and
      type in sweating it will pull up some sights that talk about it. I’m sure some
      one out there will have a better answer than I can give you. Good Luck!!
      Miss Judy

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2010 at 12:20 am

I sweat all day long. It can be 60 degrees in my house and I will sweat all day. Do some light excersize and sweat and sweat and sweat……

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm

Thanks for your responses you guys. I did do a search and found some discussions on the topic. I’ve been having a crappy time of it these past few days, so forgive my delay on this post. Think I may enter a new “vent” post myself. I’m way, way low at the moment.

• GAT
      September 2, 2010 at 9:10 am

I am in the process of referbing a camper in the hot Georgia sun. The sweat pours like crazy, more that any time in my life. THEN at night I get under a goose down conforter to watch TV. Go figure.

• Anonymous
      September 20, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I was just diagnosed with CIDP 6-25-10. I still have so much to learn and found this site recently. Thank you for validating my profuse sweating. It’s worse than menopause hot flashes. I am a nurse and asked my doctor and the pharmacist at the hospital but they said they had not heard of this being a symptom or side effect of any of my meds. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

• Anonymous
      September 21, 2010 at 1:02 am

The dreaded sweats 😮 For me, if I’ve been pushing myself over 24-48 hrs. I get this “lovely” reminder at the most inoportun times! I have to keep a towel in the car for drying my hair/face and anywhere else needed 😮 Remember that the entire nervous system has been assalted. We never know when/where the next symptom is going to surprise us! ** I’ve been experiencing this for nearly 14 years and haven’t drowned yet 😀 }

• Anonymous
      September 21, 2010 at 1:45 am

Well, I’m a post menopausal, post hystromecty, post GBSer who sweats and then freezes at any given time. No prior notice, nor rhyme or reason – I just pray for the really big sweats to attack at home where I can change my clothing when it gets drenched! I just so love this time in my life, and the lovely gift called GBS. Actually, when I get realled p.o. ed about the situation I stop and say a prayer of thanks that I can walk, and that I am still here to go through all this.

• Anonymous
      September 21, 2010 at 7:33 am

Nancy,
      I do the sweat thing too. I ski all winter wet. This summer was rather warm, and I was miserable for 3 wks in July.
      Now that things have cooled down I’m doing much better, but still sweat at the slightest exhertion. But I also have to wear wool socks and a hooded sweatshirt to sleep at night. Go figure…. I thought it was probably a 51 yr thing, but maybe not. My friends don’t do this. I’m special, and it sounds like I’m not the only one!