Hats off to all stay-at-home moms/dads

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 10:25 am

I’m on the 5th week as a stay at home dad and I have had the help of Prednisone to gove me energy to keep up and makle the house look grat for my ewife. I really want to do a good job and the fact that the steroids are temperary makes me nervous espacially after reading other posts off tapering. I always want to thank those who reply and I really want to try to gain more awareness for “US” Has anyone been hearing the BUZZ bout “SICKO” by Michael Moore? I know I could cause a huge debate over this polictally but I believe, as most of us that our medical “system is FLAWED!!! Anyway I wanted to touch base while I get ready for the 2nd Bottle (th one that makes her nap) I’ll be around so email PM if you need to vent.

Michael (Greensboro)

In memory of my brothers

William and Thomas Childs – They left too early and I mourn both of my younger brothers everyday, I missnd love you

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2007 at 3:02 pm

Micheal,

I am slowly coming off the prednisone and doing ok so far. Very glad to get off.

I hope all is going well for you and your daughter. Some parents that work full time take for granted the spouse that stays home. I wasnt able to stay home but I know just from weekends or if my husband is out of town, it’s not easy. And when you dont feel good, that’s even harder.

If you need help with the awareness, let me know. I want to help, just dont know how.
      I’m sorry you lost your brothers. My brother died when I was 7. He was 18. I was young and I couldnt imagine losing two. PLease vent if you ever need to.

Take care, and enjoy that baby…they grow too fast !

Stacey

• June 30, 2007 at 7:57 am

July 3rd will be 2 years since I’ve lost my best friend to cancer, There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of him and in the morning I still want to pick up the phone for our usual 5 am chat. It’s hard.
      You can think that one positive thing about having the CIDP is that you’ll be there for all the firsts that come along for the kids. It’s hard being a at home parent and harder while your ill but they’ll remember later that you were there at home for them. With all the negitives that go long with this crazy disease you’ve got to look for anything positive. Dear Abby had a letter years ago about leaving the house hold chores undone and spending time with your kids. a little clutter isn’t the end of the world. Take care of yourself but remember to enjoy the kids too!