Guillain Barre FRONT PAGE NEWS

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2007 at 10:28 pm

My moms story made front news. ( See below) I hope you are able to read the article.
      This evening she reached her goal and walked the 500 steps toward Macy’s. The mall empolyees were cheering her on and corporate office presented her with gift certificates to the mall/chocolates, flowers as well as 20 percent of everything in the store.. It was WONDERFUL!
      Mom picked out a pair of diamond earrings and they are brilliant. It was a fabulous evening!
      I dedicate this story to all those suffering through this horrible syndrome. My heart goes out to you all.
      On a side note, in the photo of Mom and Dad you will notice that Subway got some free advertisement out of this deal.. I say they become the new sponsor for Guillain Barre! ๐Ÿ˜‰

All the best!!
      Amy Maki
      “All that I am and all that I hope to be I owe to my angel mother” Abraham Lincoln

http://www.telegram.com/article/20071011/NEWS/710110678/1116

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2007 at 10:33 pm

The article was in yesterdays news!

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2007 at 10:36 pm

Amy, I have just copied and pasted the article. Its so exciting, what a wonderful thing for Macy’s to do. Congratulations. And a little note about Subway, I totally agree, they are the only sign to be seen. Maybe your mom could join up with Jarred and be the new faces of Subway ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2007 at 2:22 am

Amy that is awesome, sending you and your mom all my best.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2007 at 9:20 am

๐Ÿ™‚ Amy I’d like to say that is great the more people are made aware of us the better.

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2007 at 10:08 am

What a great tribute to your Mom and Dad! Great story. Thanks for sharing. I hope she continues with her journey. Its inspiration for all of us.

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2007 at 10:20 am

Amy that is a very nice article and I wish your Mom further success! Thanks for sharing it with us. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2007 at 1:26 pm

Amy,

What a great story! I got a little teary eyed reading it! That’s so awesome that your mom has such a huge cheering section! I know that’s got to be so motivational as she learns to walk again! Good for Macy’s for what they did!

Shannon

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2007 at 8:42 pm

Amy,

What a fantastic story……………….cheers to your Mom, your Dad and the entire family. What a nice thing the mall, Macy’s and the employees did. Tell your Mom to keep up the great work. May love and sunshine fill your days!

~Maggie~

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2007 at 1:55 pm

Wonderful inspiring news. Keep up the great recovery!!!