Going Back To Work

    • Anonymous
      March 30, 2007 at 6:10 pm

      On 3/31/07, it will be exactly two years since I contracted GBS. My OT/PT therapist and doctor’s evaluation reports have been faxed to my work place. Hopefully on 5/1/07, The HR Director will call me in to work starting part time and gradually increasing to full time again. Nothing is set in stone but being on the shelf for two years have left the invisible scarlet letters “GBS” on my chest until the day I die. My wife has been there since day 1. She never did let up on me. Maybe that was the inspiration I needed as the days of being handicap to semi-handicap to near normal counts down to being normal as humanly possible again. I’ll always encounter problems down the road but we all have to continue on w/positve attitudes to succeed in life.

    • Anonymous
      March 30, 2007 at 8:41 pm

      Yeah!!!!!! Congratulations on your hard work ๐Ÿ˜€

      Thanks for sharing your good news with us!

    • Anonymous
      March 30, 2007 at 10:32 pm

      [SIZE=”5″]Congratulations, great to hear.:) ๐Ÿ™‚ [/SIZE]

    • Anonymous
      March 30, 2007 at 11:02 pm

      Congrats Uda or Mr. Man if you will ๐Ÿ™‚

      We love to hear good news, best of luck to you on returning to work. Let us know how things go.

      Take care.


    • Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 12:53 am

      [SIZE=”4″]Congratulations![/SIZE] “walk on” ๐Ÿ˜€

    • Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 9:43 am

      I rejoice in your great news with you and your wonderful wife. Congradulations!

    • Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 11:28 am

      sure good to hear the good news. I am 11 months and 10 days out and although I have very slowly gotten a little better, I thought I would be futher along by now. I still have a bad limp since my left foot and leg seemed to get the most damage. You said 2 years out and I wondered how you were at one year if you can remember. How bad did you get hit in the beginning and how much exercise did you do? I have a tremble in my hands that is worrying me also. I can type if I am careful, but my fingers do their own thing some times.

    • Anonymous
      March 31, 2007 at 3:50 pm


      It’s my pleasure meeting you! In the beginning, on a scale of 1-10, I was a 9.9. I had actually died (stopped breathing waiting for the medical staff to assist me) and saw the aftermath but it was painless until I woke up the next morning. The only things I had control over was my eye sight and my right foot. Too make a long story short, after 5 different hospitals, 7.5 months as a patient and 2.8 million dollars (& still growing as we speak) later, I was discharged. After the first year, w/out the help of the in-house OT/PT therapists, caregiver (under the table/doesn’t speak english) & my wife, life would take a hundred times longer to recover. I try to rehab every day to keep my confidence up. My arms were the first to go and the last to come back. Just remember you can’t do it all by yourself. Utilize the anger, isolation & frustration into positive advancements into your daily current life. At least I know what to expect later on in life (medical care, etc.) as age creeps up on me (will be 46 years old in August). How old are you? Running out of space. Take care “+”.