Getting X-WAV

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Hey guys, I’m so excited I can hardly stand it. I had to share the news with you all. Next week we will be getting a Honda Element X-WAV, Extreme Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. I don’t have much time for typing because Karin from the Volunteers of America is going to come here in a few minutes to keep me company for two hours. Carol is in Denver ’til tomorrow. I’ll just post a photo and my post on the Element Enthusiasts Forum. I did not know that there was such a cult around this car.

[QUOTE]Hey, thanks for the welcome guys. I had no idea what kind of crowd I was getting into when we first talked about an Element on Sunday. my stepson Michael and his family were visiting here in Colorado. My 8-year old granddaughter was competing in the snowboarding nationals at Copper Mountain. She won bronce in slalom in her age group. When Michael saw his mother’s struggle with the wheelchair rack attached to the hitch of our Tribeca, he immediately decided he was going to get an Element for us.

From then on things were moving at rocket speed. Back home in Connecticut, he contacted Freedom Motors in Battle Creek, got Donovan, the salesperson, and me on a conference call this morning, picked an orange Honda Element EX X-WAV, and made a down payment. A couple of hours ago Donovan drove the car by my daughter’s house, who lives in Battle Creek, for a second opinion. She gave it an enthusiastic ” it’s a go”. It’ll be on a truck headed for Colorado on Monday. I must say I feel rather rattled. I guess I’m too old for this kind of action. I stopped going on roller coasters many years ago

Margaret, I was a bit confused about your comment about the hoist. Did you mean hoisting it into our current car,the Tribeca? We did look at that option but my Golden Compass wheelchair is too high. The converted Element will work just fine. The wheelchair with me in it will go on the passenger side. I cannot drive myself because I have no sensation in my feet and my hands are pretty much gone, too. My wife is doing all the driving which she usually does not mind. We will have to see what to do about the comfort of the seat once we start using the car.

‘later

PS turns out my daughter knew Donovan, the Freedom Motors sales person. He is a friend of my 21-year-old granddaughter.
      sorry for any typos. I can’t type much and am using a voice recognition program[/QUOTE]
      [IMG]http://www.ourbluemarble.us/forum/Element.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Awesome news Norb 🙂 Enjoy your new set of wheels.

Sue

• April 8, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Awesome news Norb! No back seat action now!!!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 8:57 pm

That looks great! Where have I been the past few years, I didnt even know there was a vehicle out there that did this!

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 9:03 pm

Well how cool is that!!!! Can we all come for a ride?:)

• Anonymous
      April 8, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Norb,
      Great looking vehicle. Hope you enjoy it.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2008 at 12:26 am

Way to travel in style. Enjoy the new van.

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Norb:

Nice wheels! I hope we can expect a bunch of new photos now that you can travel almost anywhere.

I hope you pimp your ride by adding those hubcaps that keep spinning when the car is stopped.

Lee

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2008 at 6:50 pm

What a great car! We both are enjoying our newfound freedom. I still have to practice straightening the wheelchair once I’m inside and Carol strapping it down. But basically it’s pretty easy to get in. The doors open with the push of a button and the ramp comes down. We love the tangerine color, too. The only problem with it is the fact that I cannot drive this cool E. 😡

[IMG]http://www.ourbluemarble.us/forum/X-WAV-2.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://www.ourbluemarble.us/forum/X-WAV-1.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      April 27, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Norb! Congrats….cool wheels. You are going to love this new opportunity. You deserve this so enjoy!

• Anonymous
      April 28, 2008 at 1:17 am

Hey, Norb! That is one sweet looking ride! The [COLOR=”DarkOrange”]color[/COLOR] is [COLOR=”DarkOrange”]great[/COLOR], too.

Congrats!

Carla