geezer update

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Hi all, Im doing all right, can walk about a city block with out walker, some days the pain is rough, I forget and over do it, im 73 yrs old, im taking 2400 mg neurotin a day they are helping me a lot, take vicodin when it gets rough, Im thankful I am doing ok, Im getting used to the fact I have this crazt gbs, My big problem is i want a CIGARETTE so bad, I called my nero doctor she gave me an appointment 6 weeks away Hmmmmmm she must be real busy, I just want to thank all the regular posters on this form I read it daily and its been a great help to me thank to you all and keep the faith,,any smokers out there? gg

• Anonymous
      February 18, 2007 at 9:13 pm

I’m a former 2 pack a day smoker.When I was diagnosed with GBS I quit.I knew my docs would be on my case.I still dream that I’m smoking and in trouble with all these medical folks.Now it’s a relief to realize it was just a dream.In my dreams I still Really enjoy it though!Glad to hear you’re doing so well.

• Anonymous
      February 19, 2007 at 1:47 am

Gene,

Sounds like you are doing just great! Congradulations on quitting smoking. That’s a tremendous accomplishment! Keep up the good fight. You are an inspiration to many others.

Lesa, well done for you too! Even though your health threw you a curve with GBS, you countered by quitting smoking.

Suzanne

• February 21, 2007 at 9:54 pm

Hey Geezer,
      I’m 66 now and was 64 when gbs hit. Keep at that walking, soon you will be able to go further. Good idea to use a cane if it’s dark or bad weather. We don’t need you falling and back in the hospital with broken bones.
      I spent 2 weeks in CCU; 2 weeks in specialty hospital to wean off vent, 5 weeks in acute rehab hospital and 6 more weeks in out patient therapy….but I was able to play golf last spring and summer. Now I walk at least a half hour daily and ride exercise bike.
      Keep on keepin on.
      Al

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2007 at 10:36 am

Wow walk a half hour a day, you are my idol…..thanks for reply gg

• Anonymous
      February 22, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Hi Gene, I smocked a pack a day for 25 years. My doc put me on chantix I have been smoke free for 58 days now. I haven’t had any of the withdrawal effects that I had with out it. The one that always got me, was the one that made me want to lie down and cry like a baby because I wanted one so bad. Good luck it’s hard to break the habit