GBS trigger Salmon?

• June 8, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Hi all. I have been admitted into a rehabilitation center for the past month as i had a relapse of GBs in March. I was initially diagnosed and treated in December and by some uncommon chance i had a relapse during recovery. Being here in rehab, i have found 2 other patients with GBS at different severities. One thing we all have in common is that we all ate Salmon a day or 2 days before symptoms started. Please can anyone tell me if they happened to have had a similar experience.
      I’m wondering if I have to give up one of my best reasons for living…sushi 🙂
      Thank you in advance for your response!

• June 10, 2018 at 6:40 pm

Did the 3 of you in rehab all have salmon from the same place? Or same type of salmon (sushi, etc) from different places? That would be interesting to know. Or that could be a coincidence.
      Check with your doctors about sushi. Maybe the slightly cooked version would be safer until that has been ruled out as the trigger of your GBS.

• June 24, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I am interested in this too. I haven’t touched any sea-food since
      I was diagnosed with GBS, and I really miss it!!! I hope all goes well for you.