GBS – How do I hate Thee – Let Me Count The Ways

• November 25, 2010 at 9:10 pm

If GBS were a person, I would find my best baseball bat and beat it to death with no mercy. This is what you do to an entity that stole your life as you knew it. I hate you because you defy any medical mind to define who you are and how to deal with you. I hate you for your cunning ways and your relentless punishment. I hate you in the morning and through the day as you do your worst to me. And you have an advantage, because most people are not ready for you, we cannot prevent against your onslaught: you take us by surprise. You even attack children. But I will fight you until the end. This note is just to remind you how much I hate you. How is that for venting?

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Let me know if you need any help beating the crap out of this little devil. I ‘m there with you.

• Anonymous
      November 25, 2010 at 11:39 pm

I only wish I could vent that way. You pretty much said what I cannot.

• Anonymous
      November 26, 2010 at 5:33 am

I agree, I would do the same thing. I found out over the last 6 months that I’m as good as it gets. By 4 drs. I’m not going to beat this & recover 100 o/o.I’m in the 20 o/o that is left with a permanent disability, I must wear braces on my feet and ankles to prevent lateral bend & use arm cuff crutches to walk. I broke my foot last jan. & it took 6 mons. to heal, so please don’t break anything !!

I had a very severe case of this horrible GBS & they thought I would not get out of bed , but I walk now. However I will not be able to do things I did in my past life before GBS, trying to accept it. I was dxed 11-10-2006. It’s been a long 4 years. I’ve cried enough To fill a RIVER, much of it sorrow & pain & some , a little of JOY.

THis dreadful nightmare is not only physical, but emotional as well !!

• November 26, 2010 at 9:18 am

ditto…..I was thinking about that scene with Mr. De Niro from the ‘Untouchables’ while I was reading your post…..you definitely brought out something primal in me this morning, I’m going to stand up, think about doing something heroic and go and rest and consider doing it:D

• Anonymous
      November 27, 2010 at 9:18 pm

we could better train docs to diagnose us! Sooner the better, and that education of docs by US or the foundation were more assertive to those not participating with/in the foundation.
      Sometimes, I believe, that IF docs used US– their ‘trained’ patients who have gone thru the doctor ‘mill’ that WE could be useful advocates to other docs about our issues with diagnosis!
      There really doesn’t seem to be any venue within the AMA for ‘patient’ communication? Nor, does there seem to be any venue within the AAN for the same cross communications. Everyone seems to be working in a vacuum.
      IF I am a business person? I appreciate feedback-it helps me structure business better… Physician’s offices ARE businesses, yet, feedback is not wanted nor respected in any shape or form. Commercial businesses FAIL with that sort of attitude. Why do physicians feel they are exempt?
      It’s a nasty situation.
      And? I don’t ‘DO’ feedback in the format of ‘happy faces’!!!! Such a face could include a smiley with fangs showing at times? That? I mite consider.
      Take care one and all, just count the blessings that are left, and slog on!