GBS/CIPD walk today in Charlotte

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2011 at 2:44 am

My mom is a survivor of GBS. Today, she and I walked the Miracle Mile at the GBS/CIPD walk in Charlotte, NC. I sincerely appreciate everyone that walked and ran the 5k and Miracle Mile in support of this foundation. This was my mom’s first time meeting others with the same illness she struggles with, and she found comfort in speaking with them about their symptoms, struggles, and treatment. It means a lot to me, personally, that so many people were there today. My mom is my best friend and I don’t know what I would do without her. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I hope we can all raise awareness of GBS and CIPD and maybe one day there will be a cure! (Wishful thinking, yes…but wouldn’t that be amazing?!) 😀

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2011 at 9:14 am

It was nice to hear that you had a great time on the walk. I live in Kenya and so there isn’t a walk for GBS / CIDP here, but there is a nice one each October to raise funds for a rehabilitation center for people with spinal and neurological injuries. I truly love getting out there and meeting some real heroes who are coping with their lives in trying circumstances and others who are trying to make a big difference.