GBS book

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Has anyone else read the new book [U]Gilliane-Barre Syndrome, From Diagnosis to Recovery[/U] by Drs. Gareth Parry and Joel Steinberg for sale by Demos Medical Publishing, LLC, 386 Park Ave., South, Suite 301, New York, NY 10015,
      phone 212-683-0118?

I just got my copy and read it cover to cover. It is by far the best consolidated information on GBS and CIDP that I’ve seen so far. It incorporates more updated research and medical knowledge than most of the literature available today.

This would be such a great resource for doctors treating GBS/CIDP patients. I am going to give a copy to my own doctor.

If each of us would do this for at least one doctor or other medical professional, perhaps we could help to educate the medical profession about these syndromes. It would make a great gift for family members and friends of patients as well.

I’d be interested in hearing reactions, critiques, ideas, from others here who have read the book.

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 6:54 pm

Suzanne,

I havent read it yet, but I am going to make the effort to do so now. Thank you for letting us know.

• Anonymous
      February 24, 2007 at 3:13 pm

Thanks for the book title and loction.

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 5:17 am

suzanne,

I have just ordered this book in Australia and it is going to take another few weeks until I get a copy. Can’t wait to read it. I will do as you say and get a copy for my doctor and hope that he will read it too. He knows little about the illness as I am the only one he has seen with it. I live in a country town and he was unable to diagnose me when I got ill. He did however send me to the city for help. I am glad that I ordered the book and look forward to a good read. I have looked in the library here and cant find anything to do with GBS. It is so frustrating. I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives. They say about March 13th. Fingers crossed.

Debbie

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 9:34 am

Suzann,
      I couldn’t find where the book was available for order on the site. Can you direst me?
      Thanks,
      Cindy

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 9:41 am

Just found it on amazon.com.
      😀

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 2:27 pm

Hi all,

I actually found the info. about the book in the GBSFI Newsletter – sorry for the confusion.

The book publisher is Demos Medical Publishing, LLC
      386 Park Ave. South,
      Suite 301, New York, NY 10016
      Phone 212-683-0072
      Fax 212-683-0118

My cost was $19.95 plus shipping

I have corrected my previous post to show the correct information.

Hope this helps you locate it.

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 8:41 pm

Thanks for the update I’ve ordered it.

• Anonymous
      February 26, 2007 at 11:28 pm

I tried to get the book from Demos publishing but it was going to be about 10 weeks to australia so I managed to get a bookshop in australia to source it sooner. Hopefully!!!

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 4:28 pm

I actually got it for $13.57 on Amazon .com, so I ordered 2, one for educational purposes (my daughter’s school)

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 10:26 pm

I got my copy in the mail last night and read a lot of it. Most of it was information most of us are probably already familiar with, but I was surprised to learn that Ben’s residual drop foot was probably caused by nerve compression from lying in his hospital bed for three weeks. I plan on buying a couple more copies for some of Ben’s doctors.

–Shannon

GBS book

• Anonymous
      February 23, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Sorry, I accidentally duplicated the post, so I’m removing the 2nd copy.

Suzanne