Frogs

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2008 at 1:47 pm

I finally got photobucket working again and uploaded some pictures of my frogs… I know I haven’t talked about them in a long time but they are all still alive and singing to me. They are especially happy with their brand new 5 gallon home, courtesy of a neighbor’s child who gave up on fish. Woo Hoo! Since I promised these a thousand years ago I thought I’d get them on here before everyone who knew my stories has forgotten them.

[IMG]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Julie_CIDP/frogs007.jpg[/IMG] The first five minutes – looking frantically around for the grungy water – what’s all this clean stuff?
      [IMG]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Julie_CIDP/frogs008.jpg[/IMG] Exploring and hiding – what they are best at. This is only three of the four frogs – the fourth one is hiding under the driftwood.
      [IMG]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Julie_CIDP/frogs009.jpg[/IMG] Now you can see the fourth one just to the right under the driftwood. The one in front is the smallest and fastest, he darts around so quick it was hard to get this photo.

So there you go, now you can picture my frogs when you hear me talk about them singing. They will be moving into my new office with me so I’m sure I’ll be hearing them.

Julie

• December 15, 2008 at 11:27 pm

I was wondering about those guys!!!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 4:46 am

They are so happy with their new tank they are breeding, or trying anyway. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 8:38 am

Julie the photos are great! Now learn how to put sound with those photos so we can hear them too! We put in a small pond in our back yard one year and for a few years we had toads and frogs in that. We would be in the house and all windows and doors would be closed. We could still here their singing in the house. I am surprised the neighbors did not complain. I am sure they just thought it was the birds singing at night and never thought of frogs and toads. We would go out and come home after dark when the neighbors were sleeping and we could hear our frogs singing at the moon! We would just look at each other and giggle. It was our secret that they were our frogs! Some nights we kidded about having frog legs for dinner the next night! I went to Ohio and was at a place where they have the bull frog contests and WOW were they BIG! I did not get to hear them sing but I am sure it would make us appreciate our little songs!

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 11:32 am

Awesome Julie!
      I better not show my daughter-she would want a bunch of frogs in her tank!!

My mil has a big pond with a few types of frogs in it. The next door neighbor complained about the noise her frogs were making every night. Its nature why would anyone complain about that?! I myself like to hear the frogs, even the bullfrogs are neat to hear-especially when they bark as they jump away from you:D

Thanks for sharing your pics, Julie.:)

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2008 at 12:27 pm

cool frogs, Julie.
      Connor would love something like that…we lost our dog Charlie around this time last year and he really wants another dog. We have all new carpet in our new house now and hubby wont go for a puppy.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2008 at 6:19 pm

Stacey, puppies are much easier now with those handy little puppy pee pads. There is something in them that makes them pee on the pad, rather than the floor or carpet or wherever else they feel like until trained. Nonetheless getting puppies is not for the light hearted or uneducated, or those with antique furniture. :rolleyes: I told my husband I’d have to get puppy amnesia again before we got stupid and adopted not one but two puppies again. The boys (same litter brothers) are currently 9 and I still don’t have amnesia… ๐Ÿ˜‰ It might be the chew marks on my grandmother’s secretary as a constant reminder though…

We have loads of frogs outside too, at times you can hardly hear yourself speak they are so loud. One year when we peeled back the cover of our pool that hadn’t been opened in like 7 years… there were literally thousands of fingernail sized bright green tree frogs in there. I was stunned! There was only about a foot of water in there but somehow the frogs wiggled under the cover and found enough to SPAWN MASSIVE AMOUNTS! So now we’ve got THAT going for us – FREE mosquito control because of course I had to rescue them before we scrubbed out the pool which took forever and nearly drove my husband nuts. We put bat houses up too and I love seeing them swooping around up there munching on those little mosquito blood suckers. Evil aren’t I… I don’t like mosquitos – they attack my husband in hoards. And I don’t like Deet – nasty stuff.

Glad you all like my frogs, they are pretty happy now and they are getting a snail for a buddy tomorrow to help me out with the algae. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2008 at 7:12 pm

Julie,
      Cool looking frogs. Cheryl, I got just the thing for your neighbor who complains about the frogs noise. Buy her a iPod with loaded with rock music and make sure she plays it at the highest setting. She will lose her hearing within a few months. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ [just kidding about the giving her the iPod – but serious about the damage it can do]

I never knew really realized what I was missing until I got my first set of hearing aids and could hear the frogs and crickets at night. I wouldn’t trade that ability for anything. ๐Ÿ™‚ Of course, I can take them out when I go to sleep [or when I don’t want to listen to something or somebody ๐Ÿ˜€ ]

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2008 at 7:26 pm

Cool frogs Julie! This reminds me of my son when he was about 5 years old. I lived in a mobile home back then and he came home one day and snuck something in his bedroom without me seeing him do it!
      He had bunkbeds back then and I was expecting my third child and had a hard time bending over. His room started stinking something aweful! First I thought a dead rat was in his closet, so I stripped the closet down. Nothing!
      Smelt like stagnated water! One morning I woke up and sent him off to school and started cleaning house. I opened up his bedroom door and there were all these tiny baby frogs all over his bedroom floor! AHHHHHH! LOL! It took me all day gathering those frogs!
      In his teen years he brought home a snake! I told him no and Andy let him have the snake! The snake got out and ended up crawling over me in my bed one night when we were sleeping! No more snakes after that! LOL! Hugs
      Linda