freaking out

• February 14, 2007 at 9:49 am

Hi all

most of you know I have been sick…the kidney stone thing worked itself out so thank goodness that is over but I got hit with a cold this weekend. I have been having problems with my left foot mostly and a little with my right. Last night it really acted up with lots of twitching, a cold/hot feeling that spread up to my thigh, and I was miserable. I couldnt sleep because I was terrified that it was a relapse. I am still freaking out this morning to the point that I am nauseated with the fear. Why would things suddenly start acting up so badly after things were doing so well?? I have had pain and wierdness in my left foot and shin before, but not to this degree. Has anyone else experienced this? This morning my leg is weak and tired (from twitching and spazing out maybe?).

I am definitely calling my neuro today and will try like heck to get in. I hate being so fearful and just want to break down.

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 11:58 am

Hi: I think we all get scared we are having a relapse, which is actually pretty rare. I went in 6 months after my onset with the same fear and the neurologist told me that it was just the result of all the havoc GBS does to the body. He told me if I had a cold I might end up in bed for a week, so your symptoms sound like residuals to me and definitely I have experienced the same. But I would go in to the neurologist anyway just to make sure. Odds are, it is the effect of the cold and all the rest you have been through lately. Rest a lot. Best of luck, Jeff

• Anonymous
      February 14, 2007 at 12:08 pm

fom, your body is telling you to slow down, relax and rest-if i were you i would listen to it. i’ve had/have kidney problems since 12/04, it takes time and alot of fluids, and loads of rest for the body to get back to normal. i was recently told to limit/cutback on my salt intake because of similar problems, and increase the fluids by 2. it will take time for your system to relax and get back to your normal. as for the cold/hot feelings in the extremities i haven’t found anything that has worked for me yet-still experimenting. it doesn’t sound like a relapse, but i would see your dr or at least talk to him/her. remember your body is still in recovery and the cold is making that recovery go even slower, take time to rest and drink lots of lemon water(helps nausea). take care and relax. sending BIG HUGS to you.

• February 15, 2007 at 9:45 am

Thanks for the help….I am feeling much better. I noticed that yesterday the weakness got better as the day progressed. I took it easy and got some rest last night and things are better this morning. One day at a time right?

*HUGS*

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 10:33 am

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. yeap its always one day at a time-gets boring once in awhile but it beats the alternative.;) Cheers(holds a glass of white cranberry/peach juice up) Big Hugs!:)