follow up

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2007 at 11:14 am

wish me luck.. tomorrow is my 2nd follow up with the neurologists. I am only 7 weeks in and walking on my own without assistance. My pt and ot are impressed with my progress. I am about 95% there!!! I have my complete appetite back, strength, etc. the only thing that bothers me is the tingling in my hands and feet. that was the first to go and so i read will be the last to come back.. anything i could do??? I am crocheting an constantly doing things with my hands, but what about my feet?? I am ready to return to work in 2 weeks as long as the doctors say its ok. I feel wonderful!!!

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2007 at 8:58 pm

FANTASTIC!!! Good luck Tracy and let us know how it goes.

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Congratulations…..make sure you still listen to your body and don’t over do it. Rest when you can! When I over do it the tingling moves up past my wrist and my ankles. I make sure I rest. If I was to do any knitting or crocheting my hands burn. Especially after an evening of typing on the message boards. I am glad you are doing SO WELL! Take care of yourself.

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 3:58 pm

Tracy,

Be sure and take it easy, especially with going back to work. Things are so much different… can you schedule yourself for part-time to see how you handle it? I had a “mild” version and going back to work after a few months was extremely hard – harder than I would have ever thought. In fact, I got fired when I went back to work… long story. Good luck!

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 4:20 pm

Tracy,

Glad to hear your getting better. Take things slow and don’t over do things. This early in recovery you have to be careful that you don’t cause yourself a set back. Rest when you need to.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Hi Tracy,

Congratulations..keep up the good work.

sherry

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 8:10 pm

the doc. appt went extremely well.. they gave me the ok to return to work on the 25th. my boss is going to ease me back into work and I have wonderful coworkers.. i am very excited!!!the doc.’s said i look great and everything looks good. thanks for the support

• Anonymous
      June 13, 2007 at 10:45 pm

tracy, try working only 4 hrs/day the 1st week. and rest when you get home. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength