flu shots for adult children of a GBS dad.

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Has anyone heard of the recommendation for children of a deceased, or survivor of, GBS to not receive flu vaccine?

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 4:48 pm

My husband & I do not get flu shots anymore after the flu shot worsened my daughter’s CIDP. We didn’t know she had it at the time she was given the shot. 3 weeks later she was in the hospital.

Here is a link to the CDC webite:

[url]http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/flushot.htm[/url]

It doesn’t say anything about not getting the shot if a family member has/had GBS. It is from the CDC, so take it for what it’s worth.

Hope that helps.
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 6:01 pm

Hello.
      Thanks to the flu shot I got GBS. I have been told by so many doctors DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO GIVE YOU A FLU SHOT.
      1st the shot only works on last years flu.I have been hearing this latley. if it came from an egg walk away.the flu,neumonia,tetanus. and several others. No one in my opinion is safe from the flu shot no one (Steve)

• Anonymous
      September 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm

My kids recently went to get flu shots and one of the questions they asked was did anyone in your family ever have GBS. I try to tell my kids to not get them but the decision is theirs. I educate them and tell them the risks. The rest is up to them.

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 12:02 am

My daughter joined the Ohio Army National Guard and they wouldn’t allow her to have the flu shot, the flu mist or give blood all because i have gbs. So I guess if you want to be extra cautious then say no but in the end they have to weigh the risks compared to the benefits.