Flu Shots Again

• Anonymous
      September 22, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Hello everyone.
      It is that time of year again when they start pushing the flu shot. Scareing so many eldery they have to have it and as a gift may get GBS like I did.
      Remember to pass this on to every one and if a doctor says they take it asked them to prove it.
      Remember the flu shot is only good for last years flu. and it will not make it easier if you happen to catch this yrs flu.Also any immune shots coming from eggs need to be question deepley.Blessings to everyone (Steve)

• September 22, 2008 at 11:44 pm

Steve,
      Have you suffered the social pirriah (spelling) stigma that comes along with suggesting to people not to take the flu shot? I have. People think I am a whack job for even mentioning it. My parents included. My mom tells me it’s her business. Oh well, we can keep trying, even if just one person listens and is spared this crud, it is worth the isolation!!! Have a good night and keep the message going, as they say, there is stregnth in numbers!!!!
      Dawn kevies mom

• September 23, 2008 at 12:15 am

have ya heard about the vaccine they are working on? It’s a flu shot that covers everything and lasts 5-10 years! Holy mackeral I can only imagine what that will do.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7577501.stm[/url]

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 12:54 am

I’ve already given the warning out to 2 people. Luckily both have been receptive. But I too have been given the look like I am crazy.

My mom & step-dad go every single year still to get their flu shots. I’ve given up on trying to educate them.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 4:10 am

It is unanimous…………”Just say No” 🙂

I would rather take my chances with the flu than go through that “paralysed Hell” we call GBS!!!!!!!!!!

Per

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 7:34 am

Morning Ms Dawn.
      Yes I can hear them now let them catch GBS and they will wish they had listen. My grandmother would say a squeaky wheel get notice. Well I am-a-squeaking.(LOL)–Steve.

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 3:01 pm

[QUOTE=Dawn Kevies mom]Steve,
      Have you suffered the social pirriah (spelling) stigma that comes along with suggesting to people not to take the flu shot? I have. People think I am a whack job for even mentioning it. My parents included. My mom tells me it’s her business. Oh well, we can keep trying, even if just one person listens and is spared this crud, it is worth the isolation!!! Have a good night and keep the message going, as they say, there is stregnth in numbers!!!!
      Dawn kevies mom[/QUOTE]

[B]I have been told that I don’t know what I am talking about when I make the suggestion not to take the “flu vaccine” or other vaccines. Then I proceed to tell them “yes I do know what I am talking about, my husband developed GBS/CIDP from that crappy vaccine.” Then they still look at me like I am crazy, well so be it, I have passed on the info to everyone and it’s their choice of course whether to take the vaccine or not to take it.

I will continue to the day I die telling about the dangers of vaccines.[/B]

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Who should not get a flu shot?
      [B]Talk with a doctor before getting a flu shot if you[/B]:

Have ever had a severe allergic reaction to eggs or to a previous flu shot or
      Have a history of Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS).
      If you are sick with a fever when you go to get your flu shot, you should talk to your doctor or nurse about getting your shot at a later date. However, you can get a flu shot at the same time you have a respiratory illness without fever or if you have another mild illness.

cut and paste the following to see the CDC web site:

http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/flushot.htm”

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 7:07 pm

We can only voice our opinion, but each of us and anybody has to make up their own mind about getting the flu shot. I think you must research it though, talk to more then one doctor, listen to people like us, then decide.

I don’t know if the flu shot caused my CIDP, but I do believe that’s what put me in a wheelchair. I let the facts speak for themselves. I worked in a hospital so getting a flu shot was almost required. November 1997 I got my annual flu shot. March 1998, I was slowly becoming aware that something was wrong with me. November 1998, got flu shot again. Within a weeks time I lost my ability to walk. Diagnosed with CIDP December 1998. Diagnosing neurologist said never get flu shot again. Family doctor said no flu shot, walk in clinic said no flu shot.

• Anonymous
      September 23, 2008 at 10:02 pm

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Me I can’t take flu shots as they have always caused me problems. Especially that stinking Swine Flu Shot from back in the 70s, after I took it I had a headache for over a wk.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      September 26, 2008 at 2:19 pm

Got a good one for you all… the final straw before I put in my two week notice of resignation at my job was when my boss said you cannot get sick from the flu shot. I had organized the flu shots at my job for 6 years and would tell my fellow employees when they would sign up with the word was they could not pronouce and that I had happen to me.

My almost ex-boss just tops the list on being so ignorant. But I shall endeavor to share the word – just say NO!!!

• Anonymous
      September 27, 2008 at 11:30 pm

I’m not taking any more flu shots. They contain formaldehyde, for one thing, which I’ve been allergic to in the past, and which probably set the GBS in motion for me. I have numerous acute chemical allergies, but when I told the nurse that the previous year’s flu shot had made me very ill for about 6 weeks, she just said that it was probably just the flu. She gave me the flu shot anyway, and now here I am in this blasted condition.

My province (Manitoba) has a flu season slogan (Get the shot, not the flu) printed on all their flu shot ads and also on the nice little sticker-badges they give to all the unwary people who get the flu shots. I’m thinking of making my own sticker-badge that will say (I got the shot and I got paralyzed). The sticker will have a picture of a bike with an big X on it and a rollator with a big checkmark on it.

So far, I have told many people I got paralyzed immediately after my flu shot. Interestingly enough, some of the medical people I’ve told don’t take the flu shot themselves because in their words (the flu shot just isn’t right for them).

There was one other person I know of that got GBS last flu shot time in my town. He got acute onset and was hospitalized, but the hospital covered it up, and the community didn’t know; I learned about it from the nurse who is my music student.

— Donna

• Anonymous
      September 28, 2008 at 10:45 am

In the US there is a huge push by the CDC this year to give kids the flu shot (and adults too).

[url]http://www.medpagetoday.com/InfectiousDisease/URItheFlu/tb/11065[/url]

I am becoming a bit more cynical ever since the gardisal vaccine came out. I wonder how much influence the pharmaceutical companies have. I realize that illnesses can be life threatening for some people but sometimes the prevention causes many problems too.

Kristin

• Anonymous
      September 28, 2008 at 4:47 pm

Hi Kristin.
      All the CDC cares about is get everyone a shot. so what if several thousand come down with diseases from the shot.I bet if you asked the CDC how many took shots you would hear (you think I am crazy) Of course the drugs companys are for anything with a $ sign.
      I love getting a new drug. I read all the warnings and dangers and how good it is going to be for me. Like Zocore. 4-6 pages on how it will kill me or cripple me and 1/3 of a page on how good it will be for me. They don,t want you to know that Red Yeast Rice is as good as Zocore and it is all natural.and no side effects. I have been on Red Yeast rice for 4 yrs and my doctor believes in it also.As I have heard if it comes through an egg walk away. (Steve)

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2008 at 12:05 am

Its funny, when Nate was in the hospital last time for Kidney failure, I was talking to the nurses about his Neuro telling us that Nate’s very first ever Flu shot started it.
      Quite a few of the nurses said they won’t take flu shots and our old doctor said he doesn’t either.
      So why does the govt keep shoving them down our throats?

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 2:42 pm

Instead of taking another flu shot, I am going to cope with the flu the way I always have. Most doctors do not give people antibiotics anymore for the flu. They just send the patient back home. The last time this happened, I had picked up a very bad virus from the Health Sciences Center, which made me very sick for 3 weeks. When I finally went to the doctor, he just said there was nothing he could do for me.

So, I went to the pharmacy, and bought some good cough syrup and tylenol. I dosed myself with that and my asthma meds and was able to sleep at night finally. After a few more weeks, i was well again. So, if they’re not going to do anything to help us, we have to figure out how to help ourselves. Interestingly, they say that the reason we should get the flu shot is so that we don’t get the flu and burden the health care system. However, even when we go to the doctor with the flu, they don’t do a thing to help us.

Years ago, I remember being hospitalized many times for severe flu, but nowadays, they just send you home (without a prescription) to cope with lung infections, ear infections, strep throat infections, sinusitis, bronchitis. Sometimes, all you can depend on are the OTC medicines, which allow you to sleep and recover. That, and lots of rest and good food is the only thing I’ve got in my arsenol.
      — Donna

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 2:53 pm

I am even weiry about the Hepatitis Vaccine. That is how my CNS Lupus got attacked. Took that vaccine and a few days later my Lupus was created! Yeap! Lupus kicked in with nerve damage! So I don’t trust any vaccines now! Took a flu shot a few years back too and got sick again. So I just don’t trust any vaccine or shot like this!

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2008 at 4:32 pm

I’ve been worrying a lot lately about others who will get the flu shot this year, and have a bad reaction, maybe a demyelinating illness. I wish all of the factors were publicized; so the public is informed, at least, and knows what to do if adverse symptoms develop. I think the flu shot should probably be banned, and I won’t be surprised if it is banned some day, when enough people are injured and the truth comes out, and the public reacts.

Last year, only the flu pamphlets were handed out to those who took the flu shot here. The flu reaction pamphlets were omitted; and I researched this on the net to find that the reason they were omitted, was because some people might read them and be scared to get the flu shot!!!

So that left a lot of people unprepared and unknowing when the reaction symptoms set in (me included). But I remembered from previous flu shots, these pamplets warned of sore muscles and headache, so I started my research, and found all my symptoms on the internet in the various GBS forums. (If the doctors and nurses could experience this illness themselves, they would have to go public with all the information).

I was told that 1 in 100,000 people have a reaction, but I don’t believe this is accurate. There must be many cases that are unreported or undiagnosed, or misdiagnosed. And then there are the factors: 3 % deaths, 10 % quadriplegia, 20 % paraplegia, 67 % partial paralysis and related symptoms. Maybe they are only counting the 3 % deaths in this 1 in 100,000 ratio. And what about the people who die later, of complications and health problems induced by their flu reaction. Would these deaths be reported in the ratio? I wonder. Because, it is obvious that the medical profession is not being honest with the public, or even accountable for the results of the flu vaccine.

–Donna