Flu shot — no problems

• GH
      October 5, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Two weeks ago today I received the seasonal influenza vaccine. No side effects.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2012 at 11:38 am

On Sept 22, 2011 I received a flu vaccination.  On Oct 10, 2011 I developed GBS.  Today is my one year anniversary.  Still with many disabilities

• GH
      October 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Four weeks — still no problems.

• GH
      November 14, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Seven weeks — still no problems.

• Anonymous
      January 29, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Wow GH good for you.  I have much trepidation over whether to get vacianted or not, I still chose not.

• GH
      January 29, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Still no problems. I visit hospitals regularly, so it is important for me to be vaccinated against influenza. However, even some nurses, surprisingly, have trepidations about having a flu shot.

• Anonymous
      April 18, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I had an onset of symptoms 24 hours after getting the flu shot 2 years in a row. I only took it the second time because the military requires it. In 2011, the noticable symptoms last about 3 weeks. However, from the 2012 flu shot I have ongoing symptoms lasting over 6 months now. I do not have a diagnosis yet but they are debating between transverse myelitis and CIDP. I may be going to Walter -Reed soon for further evaluation. Symptoms include excessive pins and needles in both arms and legs, stiffness, weakness, loss of sensation and low back pain. My last EMG showed axonal motor sensory loss in both of my legs and mild demyelination in both wrists.

• GH
      April 18, 2013 at 11:29 pm

A prIor GBS reaction shortly after vaccination for influenza is a precaution for subsequent vaccination. Did you discuss this with a military doctor? There may be an exception for those with this history.

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm

It’s not really a matter of discussion. It’s a medical requirement for the military. I’m looking at a medical discharge now anyways. I’m not taking another vaccine ever.

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2013 at 7:23 pm

lauer7983,

I have been a RN x 28  yrs now.  Developed GBS 2 weeks after the flu vaccination.  18 months later still with many issues and residuals.  I received compensation from the governent.  My case was “fast tracked” by the gov because I had excellent documentation by my health professionals.  I am on disability.  Google Vaccination Injury Compensation Fund.  If you would like to talk I would rather do it in private via facebook private messages.  Good luck with everything.  Mark(haynes}

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Mark, I’m already on that. I contacted a firm in Boston that specializes in vaccine injury. I also have very good medical records and the Vaccine Healthcare Center are the ones that want to evaluate me at Walter-Reed. They believe it may be transverse myelitis or CIDP. A neurologist from the CDC that works there has taken an interest in my case. They are all in belief that it is a vaccine caused injury, they just aren’t sure what to call it yet. Should be a shoe in for the VICP case. How long did your case take from start to finish? They are in the process of collecting my records right now. Good luck to you as well.

• Anonymous
      April 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Mark, I tried looking you up on facebook and there are several “Mark Haynes” which one are you?

• Anonymous
      April 20, 2013 at 12:29 am

Haynes is my nickname from childhood.  My name is Mark Wyvratt.  I think I’m the only one.  My fb home page says I’m as nurse from PA.  Send a friend request.