Finally Stem Cells trial for CIDP

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2007 at 6:00 pm

I was checking out Clinicaltrials.gov and i see Northwestern University is doing a human Phase I trial where patients with CIDP will be given drugs to destroy their immune system and then given Stem Cells to create a new immune system to see if this will stop the disease.

Hope something positive comes out of the trial……

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 4:51 pm

Very interesting, Ericc!

Keep us posted!

• Anonymous
      July 13, 2007 at 8:22 pm

Eric,

Did they mention cord blood or if cord blood could possibly be used?

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2007 at 11:44 am

[QUOTE=Allaug]Very interesting, Ericc!

Keep us posted![/QUOTE] Sure thing Allaug………I’m always searching the different sites as very few exist for us with CIDP. Even though they are different i read all the Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson’s and Spinal Cord Paralysis sites as they are constantly giving updates on research and clinical trials (Stem Cells, Gene Therapy, RNA Interferance, DNA medicines and Nano medicines etc…) so hopefully something in the near future will come out of these to help us with CIDP/GBS/MMN……..

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2007 at 11:50 am

[QUOTE=ali]Eric,

Did they mention cord blood or if cord blood could possibly be used?[/QUOTE]

Ali….they are the Hematopoietic Stem Cells (Bone Marrow). However they did not say whether from Cord or Placenta etc…
      This is being done by Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine at Chicago, Illinois… Phase I trial.