Faiths The Best Medicine

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2006 at 1:31 am

Hi, My Name Is Katrina,in May Of 1992 I Came Down With Gbs. I Was 16 At The Time And Being Very Defiant Against My Parents And School.it Took Me Two Weeks To Come Down With This Illness.i Was Working A Afterschool Job When My Feet Suddenly Start Feeling Very Tender And Sore.i Thought It Was Because Of My Job And Bad Shoes But The Pain Wouldnt Let Up.i Told My Parents,but They Didnt Believe Something Was Wrong Because Of My Bad Behavior,so After A Week Passed Of Me Getting Worse And Feeling Like I Was Walking On My Bones I Took My Small $70 Paycheck And Took Myself To A Clinic.my Father Drove Knowing I Was Ill,but Not As Ill As The First Dr. Would Tell Us.the Dr. Did A Reflex Test On Me While Listening To Me Tell Him The Problem.i Could Tell Something Was Wrong And He Told Me I Needed To Go To The Er Asap,he Was Diagnosing It As Gbs.my Family Was All Gathered And I Was Rushed To Texas Childrens Hospital(my Aunt Called Ahead And Was Told The Doctors Wold Be Waiting For My Arrival)when I Arrived They Had A Stretcher Waiting For Me,by This Time I Had To Wheeled In By A Wheelchair ,it Progressed That Much.i Was Rushed In The Back Were They Began Treatment Quickly With Spinal Taps And Iv’s.i Lost My Ability To Walk And Talk Correclty.i Than God My Lungs Were Not Affected.i Stayed In The Hospital For 3months And Had Therapy Everyday. I Went Home In June In A Wheelchair And Continued To Have Therapy,by November I Was Walking Again And Back In School. My Feet Are Still Tender Now But I Normal.this Could Not Be Done If I Didnt Have Faith In God And Myself.i Never Doubted That I Wouldnt Walk Again.(not Bad For A Girl That Was Told She May Never Walk Again) You Can Believe After That Part Of My Life,i Changed And See The Value Of Life!

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2006 at 7:49 am

Thanks for your story and the encouragement it gives. Much success in future progress. This is a great site I have gained much in the time I have been involed.

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2006 at 4:58 pm

Katrina,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It’s wonderful to hear that something like GBS that cause pain and suffering for so many people can also be the catalyst for a positive change in your life.

Congradulations on your recovery and on your new outlook. Keep it up!

• Anonymous
      September 3, 2006 at 10:20 am

Katrina,

I could not agree more, I know when I was diagnosed I was 3000 miles away from my family and it seemed that all I had was my faith to fall back on and my “never say quit” attitude.

While on this subject I would like to share something with my family here. There is a local a cappella christian group here, they have released a few albums. One of the songs on the album I listen to most is called [B]Trust His Heart[/B], I feel the lyrics say it all for anyone going through what all of us are/have.

[QUOTE]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][B]TRUST HIS HEART[/B][/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman]All things work for our good, though sometimes we can’t see how they could. Struggles that break our hearts in two sometimes blind us to the truth. Our Father knows what’s best for us, but His ways are not our own. So, when your pathway grows dim and you just can’t see Him. Remember, He’s still on the throne.[/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Chorus:[/I] God is too wise to be mistaken, God is too good to be unkind. So, when you don’t understand, when you don’t see His plan. When you can’t trace His hand, trust His heart.[/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman]He sees the master plan, He holds our future in His hands. So don’t live as those who have no hope, all our hope is found in Him. We walk in present knowledge, but He sees the first and the last. And like a tapestry, He’s weaving you and me, to someday be just like Him.[/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][I]Chorus:[/I][/FONT]
      [FONT=Times New Roman]He alone is faithful and true and He alone knows what is best for you.[/FONT]
      [I][FONT=Times New Roman]Chorus:[/FONT][/I]
      [/QUOTE]

The group is called One Generation at onegeneration.net for any interested.

• Anonymous
      November 20, 2006 at 6:14 pm

Amen!!!!!!