Eye Blinking

• Anonymous
      August 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm

My son Tucker was diagnosed at 17 months old. He is now 5. Over the past 6 months or so his eyes have began to twitch, blink, and he will grimace from time to time. He has an appointment with his pediatrician about it on Thursday but wanted to know if any other GBS patients had had this happen? I know many neurological disorders can cause this (ex. Tourettes) but wanted to be knowledgeable about a possible GBS connection? Thanks.

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I am now 6 years post GBS. I occasionally get some twitching in my right eyelid. That side of my face was affected more than the left. I get the twitching when I haven’t been getting enough sleep. I doesn’t hurt, but it is [B]extreemly[/B] annoying since it lasts until I get enough sleep. I don’t know if this helps, but this is my experience with something similar to what your son might be dealing with.

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Thank you. That is good to know. His GBS started with the drooping of his eyelids and face so I hope it is more as a result of that and fatigue. We have an appointment with his neurologist next week. His pediatrician wants to be sure it isn’t something serious like mini seizures. Praying!!!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Many of us can look back on vision distortion and lack of muscle control in the eyes and eyelids, as well as eye twitching or blinking. Mine was very bad for the first couple of years, then improved. Nowadays, I get occasional repetitive eye twitching or muscle spasms, especially when I’m tired or underfed. Rest & proper nutrition really helps with the GBS symptoms all around, frequent rest, and not too much tv, video games or computer, because they make the symptoms worse because of eye-strain. And I cut out a lot of chemicals and preservatives, etc. from my food, and improved as well.

Praying that your son’s appointment gives you good news.

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2011 at 12:06 pm

He had blood work drawn yesterday. (he was so brave didn’t cry or anything!!!) Getting an EEG tomorrow. MRI next Tuesday. Tick disorder (Tourette Syndrome) but they are checking to make sure about other possible diagnosis.

Keep Praying!

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Good wishes for your sweet boy. An eye “tick” – and all around the eye has been a continues thing for me in “waves” of less noticeable to very noticeable – the whole time. I think you must be getting the idea that there is as wide a variation of symptoms as there are individuals affected. I will be interested in what the Dr.s decide for your son.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I just passed my three year anniversary with GBS and I still get the odd twitching in my right eye. It feels like it’s totally spazzing out, but when I look at myself in the mirror I can hardly see it. And like D.U., mine is always worse when I’m tired.
      Cheers!
      Johnny Mac

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Tucker was diagnosed with PANDAS, pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorder associated with streptococcal infections. Excuse my spelling. Ticks are associated with strep infection. Ticks come out as well as OCD, ADHD symptoms can come out too. Something with the white blood cells in the brain. No GBS connection but it is still in the research phase…. I think maybe one day they may find a connection>