Embarrasing TMI Question for the ladies

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 9:56 pm

I have always had regular once a month periods. I got GBS in January and had a period shortly after and that was it. I havent had a period in 6 months.
      Normal? Who do I see about this?

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 10:04 pm

I haven’t had one since August of last year. I have CIDP. Are you on steroids? Some meds mess up our hormones. I would make an appointment with your primary care doctor or your obgyn.

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 10:33 pm

[QUOTE=cincycat1]I haven’t had one since August of last year. I have CIDP. Are you on steroids? Some meds mess up our hormones. I would make an appointment with your primary care doctor or your obgyn.[/QUOTE]

TY!!! I am currently taking Lyrica, Paxil, and Cymbalta. I have IVIG once a month. What does your doctor say about it?

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 10:36 pm

Hi, I was dx with GBS 6/11/07, had one period while still in the hospital in July, then it stopped but…..started up again in Feb. 2008, a few days before starting an arthritic swim class at the YMCA, grrrrr. I’ve gotten it regularly ever since. At first I got mad that IT came back, then thought, hmmmm, maybe my body is “waking up” from the effects of GBS.
      Take care:)

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 10:41 pm

[QUOTE=Smiley]Hi, I was dx with GBS 6/11/07, had one period while still in the hospital in July, then it stopped but…..started up again in Feb. 2008, a few days before starting an arthritic swim class at the YMCA, grrrrr. I’ve gotten it regularly ever since. At first I got mad that IT came back, then thought, hmmmm, maybe my body is “waking up” from the effects of GBS.
      Take care:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you! At least I know I am not alone.

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2008 at 10:57 pm

Add me to the list of those who were lucky to not get IT. ๐Ÿ˜€ Was probably about 6 months. Ahh bliss. But was worried about being pregnant. Docs assured me it was a combination of GBS and meds.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2008 at 12:21 pm

[QUOTE=jan’83]Add me to the list of those who were lucky to not get IT. ๐Ÿ˜€ Was probably about 6 months. Ahh bliss. But was worried about being pregnant. Docs assured me it was a combination of GBS and meds.[/QUOTE]

Good! I worry about getting preggo too. I also worry that when I want to get pregnant, I wont be able to.

• July 11, 2008 at 12:34 pm

In my second year of recovery, IT has started doubling up on me. Strangest thing. I’ll start the last part of the month and continue a couple of days into the next month. And then start again at the end of the month. I had been fairly regular. I only have one ovary due to surgery a year ago. I dunno, maybe it is due to that catching up with me. Not on any meds except half a xanax when needed. Never got IVIG or PP.

Should make an ob appt to check everything out and have hormone levels checked maybe? LOL could be leading up to meno for all I know.

• Anonymous
      July 11, 2008 at 12:38 pm

[QUOTE=fairly_odd_mother]In my second year of recovery, IT has started doubling up on me. Strangest thing. I’ll start the last part of the month and continue a couple of days into the next month. And then start again at the end of the month. I had been fairly regular. I only have one ovary due to surgery a year ago. I dunno, maybe it is due to that catching up with me. Not on any meds except half a xanax when needed. Never got IVIG or PP.

Should make an ob appt to check everything out and have hormone levels checked maybe? LOL could be leading up to meno for all I know.[/QUOTE]

TY! Oh, great, I hope it doesnt double on me!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• July 11, 2008 at 12:50 pm

LOL! it isnt the greatest thing in the world thats for sure! I am just so glad my residuals are not responding to hormone fluxes like they used to or I would be down for all but a few days a month!

• Anonymous
      July 12, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Yeah, I was always regular…29 days without fail. Then after GBS when IT resurfaced, it was about 21-24 days. By my late 30’s it was a mess, never regular and heavy flow, so at about 41, I had a hysterectomy as I had 4 kids and was not about to add to that in any way.

But I am now 54 and still have not done menopause or have any real signs of it. I keep telling everyone it is because I have convinced myself that I am not doing “that”:D Maybe this is a GBS residual:rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 12:44 am

When mine restarted it was real heavy and has stayed that way. I am on coumadin, thought that might be contributing to the heavy flow. Wouldn’t it be great if us GBSers get a free pass from menopause??? ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      July 14, 2008 at 9:03 am

I think a free pass from Menopause is the least this syndrome can do for us!! I am hoping it is over with and I don’t have to experience what I watched my mother go through.

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2008 at 9:27 am

I finally got it after 6 months!! I never thought I would be happy to see AF!!!