Electrity is back on

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 10:52 pm

Electricity just went back on after being out for two days. Oxygen machine, nebulizer, air conditioners, refrigerator, telephones, computer were all down.

So very glad everything is working now. ConEdison’s management has a lot to answer for…the workers are to to be cheered.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 7:05 am

Glad you’ve been re-enlightened, Marge!

Deb

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 1:15 pm

Glad to hear that Marge, sorry you had to suffer for two days.

Jer

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 1:19 pm

Yay!
      ———

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 6:10 pm

So happy to hear you have electricity again, Marge. I can’t imagine what you must have went through. Glad you’re ok. Vicki

• August 5, 2006 at 6:29 pm

We were thinking about you when we saw parts of your area were without power.
      Makes me cringe when I see the ComEd commercial saying that they are no longer in their price freeze (meaning rates are going up) and put $3 billion to ensure that those kinds of problems won’t happen.
      Hope you are staying cool!

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 7:06 pm

Marge,

Down here in Texas if you have a medical condition which requires machines to help you (ie…oxygen, nebulizers, etc…) You fill out a form, have your doctor write a letter stating you use this equipment and when there is a power outage they work on those areas first or will provide you with a generator if the outage lasts for more than 12 hours. I am not sure how it works up there but it might be worth something to look into………

Angela

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 8:55 pm

Lots and lots of showers really helped. My building super checked on me every day and my son-in-law came here on Wednesday. One of my girlfriends who lives in another state called the police who also came to the house.

By popular demand I’ve ordered a cell phone.

Angela, what a fantastic concept. I will investigate the options here.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 10:46 pm

[COLOR=red]glad you’re ok[/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 7:16 am

Mary,

You’re right…It takes a lot of gall to raise rates after their horrendous failures over the last month. An old Con Edison facility is located several blocks south of the U.N., prime real estate, and they could sell air rights. The City Council will have to hold public hearings about any rate increase. The appalling truth is that many people on fixed or low incomes turn off their fans and air conditioners because of the cost.

Regards.
      Marge

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 10:17 am

Marge,
      Do you think I’m psykick?

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 11:43 am

No, just somewhat insane.

Regards,
      Marge

• Anonymous
      August 6, 2006 at 12:30 pm

*beams proudly*
      shucks mam, u don’t have to brag on me.

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2006 at 12:28 pm

A manhole cover on the corner blew up and Con Edison has been drilling all night.

On a much nicer, much happier note…my cleaner is here. Ordinarily she comes once a week but knew I would overdo. She is intelligent, diligent and very good at her job.

Regards,
      Marge