Edema and down turn

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2010 at 1:28 am

I continue on my downward sprial. I have been diagnosed with CIDP for 10 years and have been relatively stable treatment Gamunex, Lyrica, and Cymbalta for about 3 years now. Started experiencing a huge downturn in mobility and muscle control in my arms especially.

then a week ago I started having severe edema – water build up in my hands, arms, and legs. Worse than pregnancy! No changes in my treatments or meds at all.

I just started taking Lassix to help with the fluid – with some relief. But my hands are almost unable to do anything. I am much stiffer than ever and my pain seems to have moved deeper in my muscles.

Anyone experienced edema in relation to these drugs or other issues with CIDP. I need to call the ole neuro – but I am getting stubborn in my age with this condition and always dread the next step!

Thanks everyone!

• October 19, 2010 at 9:57 am

Do you get regular blood work for kidney function etc in regards to ivig? I know it sounds silly, but has salt intake increased? The lyrica has a side affect of swelling, my father in law gets so bad, he actually gets splits in his skin from the stretching. Good luck to you.